Catwoman's 2010 Reading log!

catwoman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but at least Vampire Diaries has Damon :smile2:

I think he may be the only good element to those books! ;) I think a few more chapters dedicated solely to him would be a good move for Ms Smith :lol:

Yep no sexy vamps on Angels.

I have yet read The Vampire Diaries, my best mate gave them to me to borrow. They are TINY. I think I have the first four?? I am going to read the next one in the HOuse of Night novels after I have finished the one I have started redading.

I think it is just in my nature to carry on in a series, I find it is like not finishing a book for me.

Yeah but at least Vampire Diaries has Damon :)

I find that with the House of Night books too, they're getting progressively worse, in my opinion, yet I can't help but want to read the next one.

I have just finished Chosen and about to write my review but I absolutely loved it.

Book #14: Chosen by P.C & Kirstin cast.

I guess it had gone okay with Stevie Rae. I mean, she had agreed to meet me tomorrow. And she hadn't tried to bite me, which was a plus. Of course, the whole trying-to-eat-the-street-person thing was highly disturbing ..." Zoey's best friend, Stevie Rae, is undead - in an eww! zombie! kind-of-way, not in a cool vampire kind-of-way. She's struggling to retain her humanity and Zoey doesn't have a clue how to help. But she does know that anything they discover must be kept secret. Trust has become a rare commodity. Sinister forces are at work at the House of Night, where the line between friend and enemy is becoming dangerously blurred. - Not suitable for younger readers ?

Ok so my mojo had totally and utterly deserted me. I could not find any books that I could stay interested in. so i decided to go back to an genre that I knew should get my mojo back. I ad no crime books that I had from the library all I had left was the third installment of the HOuse of Night series.

So far I had thought of them OK. I was not that keen on the first one, read the second one and thought it was better. This one was well Hell it got my Mojo back.

It passed a month since the last book. I found that quite hard to get to grips. Was not a big issue but found that quite a short space of time inbetween books. Zoey/Zoeybird/Z is finding it hard coming to terms with what has become of her best friend. I don't want to give anything away of this story. But there are many elements to it. All at some point interlinking. Ok so some of the outcomes are predictable, some of the things are cring worthy, yet. I loved it. I could not turn the pages quick enough.

Zoey's life takes a huge turning point during this book. There are some changes to her, and to the language sje uses. But then sometimes you see this other side to her, that just grinds me gears. Yes readers that is still in this book, but not half as much.

The end was great, and really was a OOOOOOOOO I have to read the next book now!! How is Zoey going to deal with all the results and consequences of what happened in book three. As a result I have already reserved my copy of book four, and I darn well hope I get it soon!

9/10

Pros: fast past lots of action and a twisty plot long, brought back my mojo. Loves Aphrodite.

Cons: Zoey can still be utterly annoying at points.

:D I agree with what you said about Zoey. Sometimes she's so whiny and self-centred that I can't bear to read it. I haven't read these books for so long and can't even remember which one Chosen is :) I think I'll have to reread soon ;)

Glad you enjoyed the four book in the House of the Night series. I fully understand what you mean about some of the things can really grind your gears but yet there is something equally making you want to read the rest of the series. It does get more interesting as the books go on and you find yourself reading them. :lol:

I have read the next book from Chosen so I really have to get the...what is it...the seventh book?

Glad it got your mojo back.

• 1 month later...

Im good thanks mate. My Mojo has gone so not been on here much. I have three book revies to write and I just can't be bothered.

Normally I do really comprehensive book reviews but honestly I can't be bothered. so I am just going to make some posts for them and then come back to the when I have the time.... Please feel free to comment on them though.

Book #15: Untamed (house of the night book 4) P.c & kirstin Cast

Life sucks when your friends are ****** at you. Just ask Zoey Redbird - she's become an expert on suckiness. In one week she has gone from having three boyfriends to having none, and from having a close group of friends who trusted and supported her, to being an outcast. Speaking of friends, the only two Zoey has left are undead and unMarked. And Neferet has declared war on humans, which Zoey knows in her heart is wrong. But will anyone listen to her? Zoey's adventures at vampyre finishing school take a wild and dangerous turn as loyalties are tested, shocking true intentions come to light, and an ancient evil is awakened in PC and Kristin Cast's spellbinding fourth House of Night novel.

Ok so I seem to be getting more and more hooked on this series. I find Zoey less annoying and I am finding Aphrodite more and more fantastic. Love some of the new characters, and some of the twists and turns that seem to progress through the book.

9/10

Book #16: Hunted (house of the night book 6) P.C & Kirstin cast

The good news: Zoey's friends have her back again and Stevie Rae and the red fledglings aren't Neferet's secrets any longer. The bad news: Ancient evil with the face of an angel has been let loose - that and various other nasties (whose faces aren't so angelic). Grandma Redbird is in trouble. Heath is in trouble. The House of Night is in trouble. Okay, let's face it - Zoey's whole world is in trouble! But when the trouble comes from a being who appears to be beauty personified, will the world believe it? Especially when only a teenager and a group of misfits are the only ones who really understand the danger he brings. Will Zoey have the strength and wisdom to reveal the truth?

ok so I had to read this book straight after finishing the last one. I love the relatiosnhips that Zoey has. I think Eric and Heath are both great characters. ok so i don't really understand why the authors have to bring a third in yet, I just find it funny that Zoey can be all high and mighty yet like they say in the rocky horror show "S**t"

But like the others this book dragged me in and I was unable to put it down. I was turning the pages faster than a politician can change his views.

Awesome stuff hope to read the next one in the series soon!!!

9/10

Book #17: The Ghost by Rober Harris.

'The moment I heard how McAra died I should have walked away. I can see that now...' The narrator of Robert Harris's gripping new novel is a professional ghostwriter - cynical, mercenary, and with a nice line in deadpan humour. Accustomed to working with fading rock stars and minor celebrities, he jumps at the chance to ghost the memoirs of Britain's former prime minister, especially as it means flying to the American resort of Martha's Vineyard in the middle of winter and finishing the book in the seclusion of a luxurious house. But it doesn't take him long to realise he has made a terrible mistake. His predecessor on the project died in circumstances that were distinctly suspicious, and the ex-prime minister turns out to be a man with secrets in his past that are returning to haunt him - secrets with the power to kill. The Times has called Robert Harris 'the leading current exponent of the intelligent literary thriller'. The Ghost is his most compelling novel yet.

Ok now this has had some pretty shocking reviews and some well awesome reviews. I saw this in my local chairty shop before I newa movie was coming out, and seemed right up my street.

This was total and utter... B******s!!!!!!!!!!

My mojo went, I groaned when I picked the book up. Took me WEEKS to read even though it is a fairly short book with pretty big font.

I had no care for the characters. I thought of the book as bland and dull. I just found it was a book for Harris to have a dig at politicians and get paid for it at the same time.... Mate get on twitter, and save both me and my mojo a headache!!!

The last 80 pages were good. There for me was no real shocker. I found some things in the book, just utterly stupid and uncomprehendable, that I was just laughing to myself... Oh come on you can't be serious!

Just utterly pants!

2/10

Glad you're enjoying the House of Night series though. I thought book five was a step back in the right direction, and six was much better, but I really loved book seven, Burned. I hope you get it soon, as I'm sure you're gonna love it (Aphrodite is brilliant in it!) :D

CW, I haven't done a review on a few of the books I have read either and really couldn't be bother too. :D

I think I would do mini ones and get them out of the way. Glad you are liking the House of the Night series. Told you it gets interesting...must get the next book myself though...can't even remember which one "the next" book is. ;)

I started reading A Scanner Darkly by Philip K Dick (think that was author) for one of the book things here and it really made me lost my mojo...had to abandon it and get into the Sookie books again and oh yeah.....Skin Previlege!!!!

Hiya Catwoman, how are you :lol: Seems like everyone is reading these House of the Night -novels, I might have to go and get the first book in the series and see what the fuss is all about! Hmph!!

I just wrote you an e-mail, I hope your blackberry acknowledges it this time, haha :D I've saved the e-mail on my computer just in case. Anyways while I was writing to you I thought about how I haven't read any thrillers in ages and you'd give me a whooping if I confessed to you I still haven't read Fractured by Slaughter. :lol: I've just had so many books for different reading challenges going on. I do miss a good thriller though. :(

Frankie, in CW's absence, I will say this; if you don't read fractured soon then you will never get to know about the

knew you'd read this!

or anything about

this one too!

and that would be a shame as I know you'd just adore

another spoilered nothing! :lol:

I mean, really.

I could never give a plot away, it'd be against the reader's convention. :lol:

Edited by Chrissy
added more

Oh c'mooooon!!! That's not fair!!!!!! Now I don't know whether you're pulling my leg and just spoiler-tagging something like "I knew you couldn't resist!" and "you naughty girl, read the book!!!" and "get the book right now or I'll kickban you from the forum!!". Or whether you have real deals hidden there. Ah man!! CW, help me out a little, Chrissy's teasing me!