Joe's bookshelf 2010

joe

thank you I will order Northern Lights from the library

Tears of the Moon and Heart of the Sea by Nora Roberts

I read these books one after the other as they are the second and third books in the Irish trilogy and I loved them. She is fast becoming a guilty pleasure for me. The books are so easy to read and just take you away from the everyday boring normality of life, fantastic when you have a 2 and 3 year old running about the house. Cannot wait to read some of her other books.

10/10

Today I started to read the first House of Night book, Marked and I am already gripped.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Girl who Played with Fire and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest Steig Larsson

I absokutely adored these books and read them both in great big chunks, I could not put them down. The whole Milenium trilogy is just breathtaking and three of the most well written and unusual crime novels ever produced. They will remain on my shelves and be read many times. Mikael Bloomkvist also grew on me although in my head he was blond and was not sure if that was how he was described in the first book. truly breathtaking

I just finished the trilogy friday morning and I think they're just brilliant!

• 2 months later...

The Passage Justin Cronin

Words cannot describe how good this book is. Id did take me a good month to read but if I did not have two small boys to look after it would have taken me a few days. Gripping from start to end. I really enjoyed the beginning and at around 200 pages I thought that maybe I was not gong to enjoy it as much as I thought I would but I was glad to be proved wrong as the book just got better and better. The only downside is that at nearly 800 pages long when you have read the last line you are left with the feeling that you have only skimmed the surface of the story.

10/10

The Passage Justin Cronin

Words cannot describe how good this book is. Id did take me a good month to read but if I did not have two small boys to look after it would have taken me a few days. Gripping from start to end. I really enjoyed the beginning and at around 200 pages I thought that maybe I was not gong to enjoy it as much as I thought I would but I was glad to be proved wrong as the book just got better and better. The only downside is that at nearly 800 pages long when you have read the last line you are left with the feeling that you have only skimmed the surface of the story.

10/10

I've got this one on my tbr pile aswell. Maybe I finally get to read it in december.