Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

I've heard a lot of nice things about Water for Elephants and it's on my TBR pile so I'll look forward to your thoughts, Lexie.

I'm about 80 pages into Gone with the Wind and really enjoying it. :) I don't quite know what to think of Scarlett yet.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard a lot of nice things about Water for Elephants and it's on my TBR pile so I'll look forward to your thoughts, Lexie.

I'm about 80 pages into Gone with the Wind and really enjoying it. :D I don't quite know what to think of Scarlett yet.

80 pages?! Wow. I gotta finish Pygmalion and start reading GwtW! Glad to hear you're enjoying it though, that seems to be the case with the other fellow readers as well :roll:

This morning I received Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson :D A good few books to be getting on with.

I'm about half way through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and 50 pages into Second Chance by Jane Green :roll:

Reading Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen Dubner, all the while thinking that there are bound to be people who understand economics who would point out why everything in the book is wrong but oh well.

Long sentence.

Was also in town and bought

The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay - Michael Chabon

Sabriel - Garth Nix

The Strangest Man: The Hidden Life of Paul Dirac, Quantum Genius

I know the three for two offers are a bit of a con but I fall for it every time.

Finished Byron's Poetry and Prose, I prefer what he wrote when he was older it seemed to flow more naturally.

I have started The Shining by Stephen King, I'm only 6 chapters in so it's too soon to tell whether I will enjoy it.

I am waiting on Through a Glass Darkly by Bill Hussey to arrive in the post. I've heard such good things about this book I am really looking forward to reading it.

I love Chabon, Steeeve, and hope you like the Kavalier and Clay!

I only managed to read the first 2 chapters of The Swan Thieves last night before drifting off, but I love it so far! Kostova is quite the master let me tell you! I also started listening to The Book of Old Houses by Sarah Graves yesterday in my car.

This morning I received Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the Girl Who Played With Fire by Stieg Larsson :D A good few books to be getting on with.

I'm about half way through Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte and 50 pages into Second Chance by Jane Green :roll:

I've got 'Let the Right One In' to watch on DVD so let me know if the book is any good!

The film is supposed to be brilliant...

Oh I loved Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe!

Not read the book but having loved the film, I might have to give it a go...

Oh I loved Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe!

Not read the book but having loved the film, I might have to give it a go...

Yep, the movie is awesome and just had to buy it when I saw as a DVD :roll: The book is great as well, not exactly the same as the movie, there's more story in it and characters that didn't make it to the movie, and it might seem a bit confusing at times because it's not in a chronological order, but otherwise it's a fantastic read and I definitely recommend it :D

Have just ordered - Stray by Rachel Vincent, Skin Trade by L K Hamilton and Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde by R L Stevenson (only ordered a cheap copy of this, I figured if I didn't like it then it wouldn't matter and if I do like it I can always buy a better copy.:D)

I read a few more chapters of Mitch Albom's The five people you meet in heaven.

I was in Asda yesterday and there were a huge amount of books for just

Today I've acquired a nice bi-colour Penguin volume of stories by Poe, courtesy of The Times; I've also been in all of two bookshops and a poetry library where I bought and borrowed nowt, but enlarged my wishlist considerably. I also carted the special edition hardback of Shades of Grey around all day in the misplaced hope that I'd find a moment or two to read... fool!

ETA: OH The Hero built my new mini-shelf yesterday so I spent many happy hours last night re-arranging my collection; I am nowhere near finished so tomorrow should be fun!

I'm starting my Royal Geographical Society 'Exploration' facsimile book by Beau Riffenburgh. It's not the sort of thing I'd sit down and read through, as it covers loads of explorers in different continents (unlike the Titanic one, which was the one solid subject the whole way through - the ship and passangers), so I'm going to read it section by section alongside other books.

Wow, nice Rory haul, Frankie! Shame about the pants though :D Can you get them mended?

I'm up to page 150 of Gone with the Wind, and it's going very well. Shakespeare has slipped off my radar a little. I'll try to read at least a few more pages today, but I'm afraid my book activity is going to be limited due to other commitments.