Your Book Activity Today - Take 8!

Echo

Should finish up Bitten (finally!) within the next couple days before moving onto Gone with the Wind.

How are you liking Bitten CaliLily? I found it a struggle to be honest.

If started reading Shiver by Maggie Stiefvater :D

Ooooh have fun with that. I thought it wasn't half bad.

As for me I am half way through Betrayed, and it is plodding along nicely. I wouldn't say amazing, nor woud I say bad. Just Ok.

But my Mother popped round for a cuppa and she had a present for me! I told her about me wanting to read The Girl Who kicked the Hornets' nest on the plane, so I took my library copy back (as it was due back on MOnday) and I was going to buy it at the aiport. Well, she bought it for me!!!! Fantastic! I was really happy, I could not find it at the supermarket.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How are you liking Bitten CaliLily? I found it a struggle to be honest.

Really? If you don't mind me asking, how so?

I don't find the book itself a struggle at all. Once I get going it is hard for me to pull myself out of the world that Kelley Armstrong has created. It is unique and different from any werewolf story I have ever read before.

Really? If you don't mind me asking, how so?

I don't find the book itself a struggle at all. Once I get going it is hard for me to pull myself out of the world that Kelley Armstrong has created. It is unique and different from any werewolf story I have ever read before.

I did not like the characters apart from Jeremy. I didn't care for what happened to any of them to be honest. I could see why people loved it so much. I have however read Stolen and I totally loved it. I warmed to all the characters and I will at some point read the third.

Looking back on it maybe I was just not in the right frame of mind for that book at the time. I don't know. But it has been a book where, even though it had all the hype and seemed a book I would love, it just didn't seem to WOW me. If that makes sense.

That totally makes sense, I've often found myself in that position with a book that everyone else seemed to love. To each our own. It is so interesting that you liked Jeremy out of all the characters. I'm very put off by him. He adds a great contrast opposite Elena, but if he were to be replaced by someone else I wouldn't cry about it.

I have put both the second and third books on my Barnes and Noble wishlist but need to try and hold off on getting them until I am good and read the books I already own :D

That totally makes sense. It is so interesting that you liked Jeremy out of all the characters. I'm very put off by him. He adds a great contrast opposite Elena, but if he were to be replaced by someone else I wouldn't cry about it.

I have put both the second and third books on my Barnes and Noble wishlist but need to try and hold off on getting them until I am good and read the books I already own :D

Well I am sure you will love the second. Charm said to give the second a go even though I did not like the first, and I found it very difficult to put down. It was such a good read and I could not turn the pages quick enough.

Despite having over 50 books on my TBR pile, my reading mojo is still feeling fragile, so when I felt a little tummy leap when 'The Time Traveler's Wife' caught my eye I settled on a re read of it. So far, so mojo good. :D

Ooo lucky you, I've been wanting to re-read it too, think I might read it in a few weeks over my birthday :D

I had always planned on a re read, but I am letting my reading mojo call the shots at the moment (it's the only way I can get it to stay), and if a buzz says a re read, who am I to argue? :D

I am really enjoying it, as I 'get' the central premise of the story already.

Despite having over 50 books on my TBR pile, my reading mojo is still feeling fragile, so when I felt a little tummy leap when 'The Time Traveler's Wife' caught my eye I settled on a re read of it. So far, so mojo good. :D

Have you seen the movie? I'm looking for someone to tell me if it's worth reading this book after seeing the movie. I liked the movie very much (although at first I didn't expect it to be so good when I saw a trailer..)

I just started reading new Sophie Kinsella - Twenties girl (well, it's new in my country anyway :D) and I quite like it. I keep expecting her to write another book like Can you keep a secret..

Have you seen the movie? I'm looking for someone to tell me if it's worth reading this book after seeing the movie. I liked the movie very much (although at first I didn't expect it to be so good when I saw a trailer..)

I love, love, love the book and am planning on getting the DVD very soon....so watch this space! :D

Did you decide whether or not to get one?

They're auctions - I'm going to TRY to get a couple, but that doesn't mean I'll succeed.

I also finished and reviewed Oscar Wilde: A Life In Letters.

But my Mother popped round for a cuppa and she had a present for me! I told her about me wanting to read The Girl Who kicked the Hornets' nest on the plane, so I took my library copy back (as it was due back on MOnday) and I was going to buy it at the aiport. Well, she bought it for me!!!! Fantastic! I was really happy, I could not find it at the supermarket.

That's so nice of your Mum! :D

I haven't done much reading so far this weekend, but I want to get through Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them (it's only about 50 pages long, after all) and get started on Macbeth and Gone with the Wind.

My Dad brought over my modified bookshelves and I've spray-painted them black. I'm anxiously waiting for them to dry now so I can load up my books and DVDs but I'll probably have to leave it until tomorrow (something to look forward to).

I got through two pages of JK Rowling before I fell asleep before :D My reading has been woeful this weekend but it should pick up during the working week again.

Finished reading The Bodies left behind by Jeffery Deaver & have picked up Picture Perfect again to give another go.

How did you find this? I've got it in my TBR pile...

How did you find this? I've got it in my TBR pile...

Melisa, it is one of those rare Jeffery Deaver books that while I liked it, it didn't grip me. I found myself having to chose to read it, rather than needing to read it, which is usually the case with his books. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with this book, I just thought that it was very un-Deaveresque & therefore no where near as good.

Melisa, it is one of those rare Jeffery Deaver books that while I liked it, it didn't grip me. I found myself having to chose to read it, rather than needing to read it, which is usually the case with his books. Don't get me wrong, there was nothing wrong with this book, I just thought that it was very un-Deaveresque & therefore no where near as good.

I know what you mean! I've got Roadside Crosses on my bedside cabinet and I've actually had to stop reading it.

It just wasn't capturing me like his books usually do! I usually can't put them down. I think it's the main character Kathryn Dance. She was okay in The Sleeping Doll but I just don't like her character. She just comes across as so annoying and right all the time!