Dark Crime Thrillers

I enjoy dark crime thrillers. I have read Val Mcdermid, Karin Slaughter, Mo Hayder, Karen Rose, Tess Gerritsen, Jilliane Hoffman, Michael Marshall, John Connolly, John Nassaw, Cody Mcfayden, Kathy Reichs, Chelsea Cain. Do you guys think of anyone I may have missed that I would like that are like the above. Thanks for the advice.

Edited by Maureen
Added capital letters.

You could give the following a try; Nick Stone 'Mr Clarinet' and 'King of Swords', Richard Montanari's series starting with 'The Rosary Girls' and the brilliant Michael Morley with 'Spider' and 'Viper'. Also Natsuo Kirino's 'Out', Steven Martin Cohen's 'Becker's Ring' and Craig Russell's books are worth a try as well- all of these are very dark and guaranteed to give you the heebie-jeebies on these cold winter nights....enjoy...:smile2:

All of Lisa Gardners books are really good. Mark Billingham's books are also good and centre around the main character of Tom Thorne. I don't really read books that are set in the UK and Mark Billingham is the only author I like who writes in England. Michael Connelly writes well too and I love his Harry Bosch novel series. I love Harlen Coben, Jeffrey Deaver and Robert Crais and have read every single one of their books and always pre-order their next novels. These books maybe aren't dark thrillers, but I love the characters in them and can never wait until the next one comes out.

I enjoy dark crime thrillers. I have read Val Mcdermid, Karin Slaughter, Mo Hayder, Karen Rose, Tess Gerritsen, Jilliane Hoffman, Michael Marshall, John Connolly, John Nassaw, Cody Mcfayden, Kathy Reichs, Chelsea Cain. Do you guys think of anyone I may have missed that I would like that are like the above. Thanks for the advice.

Hi enigma steven. I too like most f of the authors you have written here. My favourite is michael connelly but one of my great favourites is Lee Child. His stories about an ex USA soldier is written with in such a fashion that you cannot put the book down until you reach the end. I suggest you look inside a book and try to get the ones from the beginning. Many time I have picked up a book and once read it wished that I had read the ones that came before. Regards, pleasant reading Jean.721

You may also wish to try Chris Mooney - American author with a great female lead character Derby McCormick CSI. Highly recommend The Missing and Secret Friend. You could do worse than also try Deviant Ways by the above although McCormick isn't in this the other characters are 'entertaining' - go on, enjoy!! :D

I'd recommend J. A. Kerley as well, just as Mac did to me a long time ago now. You're probably best starting off with something like The Hundredth Man. That is a great crime/thriller novel.

I'd recommend J. A. Kerley as well, just as Mac did to me a long time ago now. You're probably best starting off with something like The Hundredth Man. That is a great crime/thriller novel.

I agree start off with The Hundreth Man. You get to know the characters better and the book is an excellent stand alone book.

• 2 weeks later...