Broadband/TV/Phone bundles - advice please?

honestfi

I've become a little...erhem...disillusioned with my current provider of a Broadband/Phone bundle. I'm thinking about adding TV.

Price is a factor, but most important to me is customer service

TV doesn't have to be added, more important is unlimited broadband, as we have an internet radio which hub uses all evening.

I have a mobile phone, but it isn't used much...in fact our home phone isn't used much either.

Anybody out there pleased with their service, or even, have you any horror stories from companies I should definitely avoid?

I have the very basic package with Virgin Media which includes the phone line. I haven't really had much to do with them so far as I've only been with them 3 months, however the installer came when he was meant to, was very good at showing me what was what, and when I initially had a small problem with connecting the internet to my laptop, the customer service centre knew exactly what the problem was and sorted it straight away, so I have no complaints about them so far!

I have the very basic package with Virgin Media which includes the phone line. I haven't really had much to do with them so far as I've only been with them 3 months, however the installer came when he was meant to, was very good at showing me what was what, and when I initially had a small problem with connecting the internet to my laptop, the customer service centre knew exactly what the problem was and sorted it straight away, so I have no complaints about them so far!

K, that's a vote for Virgin. Was considering them...

I will not ever, under any circumstances change from BT. They have been nothing but brilliant ever since I had my phone/broadband service with them. For the past seven years there was only one day when the phone/net was done for 1 hour...and whilst they were fixing it, I received text messages every 15 minutes with a status update.

For phone, broadband for our home network I pay

I'm with Virgin & we shall stay with Virgin. We've never had any problems & we've been with them for over 3 years now. They do internet only packages, as well as phone/internet packages, & tv/phone/internet packages. I would highly recommend them, especially now that they have e-billing (Royal Mail seemed to lose my bill a lot - along with a lot of my other mail, too).

I will not ever, under any circumstances change from BT. They have been nothing but brilliant ever since I had my phone/broadband service with them. For the past seven years there was only one day when the phone/net was done for 1 hour...and whilst they were fixing it, I received text messages every 15 minutes with a status update.

For phone, broadband for our home network I pay

I was with BT and thought I would never change but the problems I had trying to change from business broadband to home broadband when we moved was horrendous. I did want to go with Virgin but we don't have cable in my neck of the woods! I ended up with Sky+ for tv/phone/internet and I have to say I'm very happy with it, I've only had a couple of problems with the internet but one phone call and they've been resolved.

BT has held this country back for years. They make it VERY difficult for other companies (including broadband providers) to do a good job. BT were GIVEN the phone network, and have been profiting off it for years, yet they expect the public to incur the cost of keeping it upgraded.

My current provider is BT, and I was extremely happy with them for years, and I can tell you a story of a BT engineer who was an absolute hero for getting in a brand new phone line, getting around the monkey builder's wiring in the house we lived in, fully earning the