Strictly Come Dancing

SueB

I say Ol-a but have no idea what is the right way :D I really liked Ali's dance tonight, and Jade's. Definitely the right person went, although I have to say that I really liked Brendan's attitude this year, you could tell he really liked Jo.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they still have Len's masterclass where he's teaching Claudia to dance? That was always my favourite - hilarious!

They do still do the Masterclass - this year it's got a twist - they recreate iconic Strictly moments! Some of the ones they've done so far are some of Jill & Darren's jive, the opening of Mark & Karen's salsa and the beginning of Julian & Erin's samba.

On to tonight's result - very glad it went the way it did. About time too! My favourite tonight was Ali.

I agree on both counts! Bless Jo, she tried really hard, and she seemed to love it, and I think Len was right in that Brendan really tried to make Jo look as good as possible and forego his own dancing performance.

I also forgot to say last time that Ola is another of my favourite professionals. Does anyone know how her name is pronounced? Some say it "Ol-la" and some say "Oh-la", and it bugs me (it must bug her too that they can't get her name right).

Well, James pronounces it "Ol-la", so I would hope as her husband, he's got it right!

I was really disappointed with Anton and Laila again tonight. And it isn't just her, he looked like he really didn't know what he was doing? Maybe it is time Anton hung up his dancing shoes for Strictly?

I am so glad that Jo went, just got to get rid of a couple of others and we will be left with a decent bunch of dancers!

I was really disappointed with Anton and Laila again tonight. And it isn't just her, he looked like he really didn't know what he was doing? Maybe it is time Anton hung up his dancing shoes for Strictly?

I am so glad that Jo went, just got to get rid of a couple of others and we will be left with a decent bunch of dancers!

I know what you mean about Anton. even he admits he is not great at Latin. I remember one series. I think it might have been Claudia with the Argintine Tango and she admited that she was not good and needed help, so she got a professional dancer to help her.

I don't know why Anton did not do the same, it just looked like two Drunk people in Flares (The 70's themed Club).

I'm still liking Ali and Brian best. No professional has ever won the competition twice .. but as all the past winners have gone now .. that doesn't help narrow it down any further.

I doubt it will be Anton and Laila as Anton's latin isn't good enough ... it won't be Craig and Flavia .. cos bless him he has no rhythm whatsoever. I don't think it will be Zoe and James cos they have already been in the dance-off (but I think Alesha was once so who knows).

After that it really is anybody's guess .. who knows how much Ricky Groves or Chris Hollins might improve .. and Chris and Ola have a great chemistry/partnership and according to Darren that is the key to winning.

Well not impressed with last nights result - Zoe should not have gone, Craig should have. I don't care that he wants to go to Blackpool, he is rubbish and we've lost a good dancer just because he keeps whinging about his "dream". Man I find him wet...grrr! Mind you, I can only complain so much, I didn't vote - although I would have voted for Chris not Zoe

I was out so I missed all of the dances but I came into watching Zoe dancing to stay in the competition, which didn't surprise me after her being there before. I was just walking out of the room when I heard Ali's name mentioned!!!!! What the?? How did that happen?!! I have to wait until it goes on OnDemand so I can watch it. Can't wait!

I thought Ricky and Natalie's quickstep was stunning!!

Best dance I've seen in many a series. Had me smiling from end to end!

Soooo suave Ricky!!!!

And as always, the public vote was disastrous. Neither couples deserved to be in the bottom two. Tough choice for the judges, but I felt they made the right decision.

NN.

And as always, the public vote was disastrous. Neither couples deserved to be in the bottom two. Tough choice for the judges, but I felt they made the right decision.

Yep, you said it. Another travesty. :) Why do I put myself through watching this?!! I preferred Ali, I think she is great, but neither her nor Zoe should have been in the dance-off. Weren't the viewers watching Craig, Chris etc? I think poor Ali's foot was really hurting her too - I noticed she did the dance-off in bare feet, bless her.

It was Craig birthday plus is he not from blackpool so obviously people were going to vote for him. He might go out this week.

I agree I think it will be Craig's last week on Saturday. There had been a mini 'campaign' to get Craig to Blackpool so I thnk that was part of the reason why he stayed in.

Yeah, maybe after Blackpool everyone will forget to vote :welcome2:

I don't get how he keeps getting voted in. he is not great at dancing. he does not have the greatest of personalities. I just don't get it, nor the British Public :)

I don't think he's a really bad dancer, and I love how hard he tries every week but I agree that his personality isn't coming across and I can't even remember him in Corrie (not that I watch it much :))

I have seen worse, but sometimes he can dance like a dad at a wedding. I like his perservance, yet at the same time I do find him a little irritating. He always expects higher marks. Also I don't find a connection with him and Flavia.

Man that last paragragh really made me sound lie I did not like him at all.:welcome2:

He wasn't in Corrie for long he was Luke in Corrie

I think she called Natile( Ex eastenders) i hope she wins i like her.

Yes, Natalie. I like her, but I will be honest I am not keen on her dancing. I don't think she is light on her feet. But I hope she does well.

I was shocked at last Saturday's bottom two but then as I don't vote I can't really complain ... although I'm going to .. grrrrrrrr!

I think they saved the right couple (I would say that .. I love Ali and Brian) but it's a shame to see a good dancer go out when there are lot's of mediocre dancers still left.

I can't dislike Craig though .. he so want's to do well and he does put the hours in so he is trying his best (unlike people like Fiona Phillips who really just couldn't be bothered). Hopefully now he has got to Blackpool .. the viewing public might just decide to let him stay there.

I doubt Ali and Brian can win as obviously their public support isn't large. People are saying that Ricky Whittle isn't popular either (taken from the on-line polls I think) .. so maybe the best dancer in the competition won't win either (though I think he would be saved by the judges in any dance off .. unless he was off form).

If it's down to popularity then I wouldn't be surprised if either Phil or Natalie won .. but I think .. at the moment .. they are far from being the best dancers. But it's not all about the dancing is it (and don't mention the 'j' word)? .. it's about who the public connects with.

I don't like Craig either but I think they were a bit harsh, they need to remember that the nastier they are to a contestant, the more the public will vote (look at Jedward :D)

I was a bit like hang on love, it's not Craig's fault he was voted by the public, get over it! :D