Strictly Come Dancing

SueB

Was not sure why Brendan walked off.. can someone tell me why? Skippy the kangeroo, I have heard worse from Craig.

Because he's very clever at working the public vote. In previous years he's used illegal lifts, face to face arguing with the judges, storming off from the backstage interview with Tess, arguing on It Takes Two, and those are just the first things that spring to mind! Even better from his point of view was that Bruce bought into it, and started having a go at Craig as well, heightening the prospects of staying out of the bottom two when he doesn't have a very good partner. Brendan is one smart cookie in my opinion :D

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because he's very clever at working the public vote. In previous years he's used illegal lifts, face to face arguing with the judges, storming off from the backstage interview with Tess, arguing on It Takes Two, and those are just the first things that spring to mind! Even better from his point of view was that Bruce bought into it, and started having a go at Craig as well, heightening the prospects of staying out of the bottom two when he doesn't have a very good partner. Brendan is one smart cookie in my opinion :lol:

I agree with that, but I was confused why Bruce was involved, I honestly thought I missed something (Like danyl in the Xfactor) I was like huh? Have I missed something?, I thought Brendan was just going in a huff for a good reason.

I hate that! :D

I agree with that, but I was confused why Bruce was involved, I honestly thought I missed something (Like danyl in the Xfactor) I was like huh? Have I missed something?, I thought Brendan was just going in a huff for a good reason.

I hate that! :D

Despite what he says, Bruce is doddery, and he likes to put his tuppence in every now and again to prove he's in charge, even if he doesn't actually have a clue what he's talking about.

I'd put money on Brendan being secretly delighted at Bruce jumping to their defence and being gleeful at how well it turned out, and I already suspect there will be a Brendan vs Craig interview on It Takes Two next week, where Brendan claims to be indignant at Craigs comments and Craig defends his comments as not being personal and that Brendan should lighten up. All great publicity to get everyone voting to keep him in another week :lol:

Despite what he says, Bruce is doddery, and he likes to put his tuppence in every now and again to prove he's in charge, even if he doesn't actually have a clue what he's talking about.

I'd put money on Brendan being secretly delighted at Bruce jumping to their defence and being gleeful at how well it turned out, and I already suspect there will be a Brendan vs Craig interview on It Takes Two next week, where Brendan claims to be indignant at Craigs comments and Craig defends his comments as not being personal and that Brendan should lighten up. All great publicity to get everyone voting to keep him in another week :D

I was thinking the same thing.. something for Claudia to talk about on Monday! Haha. :lol:can't wait for the American Smooth. Any Ideas on who is doing that?

I'm so pleased that Joe Calzaghe has finally gone! Brilliant! :lol: The guy was a useless dancer and had no personality (apart from being an arrogant :D, who thought that just because he's very good at boxing, then he's automatically going to be very good at dancing. I think he was surprised to find out that he wasn't).

I think Ricky (Whittle), Zoe and Laila are among the best dancers. I love Phil Tuffnell too, he gives such a charming performance and I always have a big grin on my face watching him.

That whole thing with the "personal comments" annoyed me. I didn't think Craig was being personal, he was just saying after Bruno's remark that they were jumping around like a grasshopper, that they were more skippy than that, ie like a kangaroo. Craig gets told off by Bruce for that, and yet in the next dance Len called Natalie "Hopalong Cassidy"!! Now that's a personal comment, and yet nothing was said! :lol:

I might be a bit controversial here, but I don't think Anton is that good a dancer himself! Yes, he is excellent at ballroom, but his Latin isn't so good and his jive was terrible.

Vincent and Flavia are my favourite couple, and I adored their dance. A tango waltz? Does that even exist or have they made it up themselves? Either way, it was brilliant, I was entranced. ;)

Speaking of Flavia, who is choosing her costumes this year? They have all been absolutely hideous - that drab grey dress last week and that awful jive outfit this week.

I might be a bit controversial here, but I don't think Anton is that good a dancer himself! Yes, he is excellent at ballroom, but his Latin isn't so good and his jive was terrible.

:D Nothing controversial about that - search the internet forums and you'll find a whole raft of people with the same opinion! I think the bigger problem is not that he can't dance latin dances well, but that he can't teach them. If he'd taught Laila properly and built her confidence, he could have choreographed a routine that would hide him and promote her, especially as she has such potential.

Speaking of Flavia, who is choosing her costumes this year? They have all been absolutely hideous - that drab grey dress last week and that awful jive outfit this week.

I agree - I didn't like the old granny nightdress she wore in the tango waltz either, but she's such a stunning dancer, I just try and ignore the dress.

:irked: Nothing controversial about that - search the internet forums and you'll find a whole raft of people with the same opinion! I think the bigger problem is not that he can't dance latin dances well, but that he can't teach them. If he'd taught Laila properly and built her confidence, he could have choreographed a routine that would hide him and promote her, especially as she has such potential.

I agree - I didn't like the old granny nightdress she wore in the tango waltz either, but she's such a stunning dancer, I just try and ignore the dress.

I agree I felt he wasn't exactly trying to build her confidence. Saying you were worse then Ester Rantzien (Sp) is not exactly going to help you think you are going to do it. :D

I don't enjoy watching Anton dance latin (even in the professional group numbers). He looks like he doesn't like doing it and he doesn't come accross as having any sex appeal like the rest of the male professionals. His latin routines aren't very good either. They were really REALLY bad this week. Even if the routine is ****, at least make it look like you have rehearsed and that you remember the steps. I appreciate the maybe Anton doesn't enjoy latin, but I am sure that the same can be said for a lot of the other male professionals who lean towards ballroom. Pull your finger out Anton!

I don't like Brendan or his tantrums. I hope they go out soon.

I agree that Anton doesn't look comfortable in any latin dance. I think he's a great ballroom dancer but doesn't come across well in the latin. I'm also not a fan of Brendon. He's very smug and doesn't like it when things don't go his way. Yes, I know the comments were a little harsh but they say things like that about all of the dancers.

Oh dear .. Anton's jive!! .. he looked almost as amateur as Laila. I'm not keen on Anton, though I do like Laila .. Brendan has just been in a perpetual strop since series two ... I think it's only Jo's popularity that will keep them in the competition.

I'm not keen on some of Alesha's remarks .. thought she was very rude to Laila.

I'm still loving Ali and Brian .. and Jade and Ian .. also like Ricky and Natalie.

I agree that Chris and Flavia were awful .. but there's something endearing about his willingness to try .. he really wants to do well and I was glad in a way that he didn't have to endure the dance off (Flavia .. what were you wearing??). I doubt he'll last much longer.

Zoe and James shouldn't have been in the dance-off .. but I don't think they're that popular with the public (obviously). James has been trying to live down his nasty guy image ever since he showed it to us in glorious technicolour in series 4, and although Zoe is nice .. she's a bit competetive .. in the way that Gaby Logan was. She did look absolutely shattered by the result of being in the bottom two though ... it must be difficult because they got such good marks and comments from the judges, meaning that the public couldn't have given them many votes. But that could be because they didn't think they'd be in danger .. and so voted for those that were vulnerable.

I don't vote .. the last time I did was for Mark and Karen.

I'm glad some other people agree with me about Anton's jive and Flavia's costumes!

And I think I forgot to mention that I like Ali in my last post - I know that there was someone else I liked but I couldn't remember her name! :D

Me too! (As if you couldn't tell from my avvie :D)

I don't think there'll ever be a couple that capture my imagination more.

Their Argentine tango (as per your avvie) was sublime .. and so was their salsa.

Mark had everything .. he was a great dancer but he also was vulnerable and a bit insecure (not to mention gorgeous).

I don't think there'll ever be a couple that capture my imagination more.

Their Argentine tango (as per your avvie) was sublime .. and so was their salsa.

Mark had everything .. he was a great dancer but he also was vulnerable and a bit insecure (not to mention gorgeous).

It was also about Karen - I know a lot of people who didn't warm to her, but I loved her from her very first appearance on Strictly with Bill Turnbull in the third series, you could just tell she absolutely adored dancing. The two of them together were dynamite.

I still get goosebumps when I watch their Argentine Tango.

I don't know what it is about her, as I know I'm in the minority, but Karen Hardy gives me the creeps! :D

I can't seem to get as involved in this series. It's probably not helped by the fact I don't know who half the 'celebs' actually are.

It was also about Karen - I know a lot of people who didn't warm to her, but I loved her from her very first appearance on Strictly with Bill Turnbull in the third series, you could just tell she absolutely adored dancing. The two of them together were dynamite.

I still get goosebumps when I watch their Argentine Tango.

I agree I love Karen, I'm really enjoying 'choreography corner' with her on 'It Takes Two' though it would seem she's like marmite .. you either love her or you hate her .. I love her :D

I can't seem to get as involved in this series. It's probably not helped by the fact I don't know who half the 'celebs' actually are.

I feel exactly the same way. :P Last time, I was avidly watching It Takes Two, but I don't bother now.

I really like Kristina as a female pro - again, she has been lumbered with bad partners so we don't really get to see her full potential.

I don't like her! I agree she has been lumbered with bad dancers, but she comes across as hard as nails and I just don't like her.

My favourite pro dancers would be Flavia and Lilia, and Darren and Vincent.

I feel exactly the same way. :P Last time, I was avidly watching It Takes Two, but I don't bother now.

I guess I'm lucky in that I rarely know who any of the celebrities are, and I love watching it for the professionals as much as the celebrities anyway! I find not knowing anyone helps me develop favourites over the series, as I can watch how they progress and how entertaining they are both in the dancing and on It Takes Two.

I's a shame you're not watching It Takes Two, as I think this years ITT has been much better than the last couple of years. They haven't had any celebrity "fans" on so far this year - you know the ones who just come on to promote their latest film/TV series/play/single/CD/tour, and they've concentrated on the contestants plus people involved in the series, such as production runners, lighting directors, set makers, costume designers etc.

I's a shame you're not watching It Takes Two, as I think this years ITT has been much better than the last couple of years.

Do they still have Len's masterclass where he's teaching Claudia to dance? That was always my favourite - hilarious!

On to tonight's result - very glad it went the way it did. About time too! My favourite tonight was Ali.

I also forgot to say last time that Ola is another of my favourite professionals. Does anyone know how her name is pronounced? Some say it "Ol-la" and some say "Oh-la", and it bugs me (it must bug her too that they can't get her name right).