Strictly Come Dancing

SueB

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice to see Karen on Claudia's show last night .. if Arlene had to go (which I'm far from allowing) why didn't they make Karen or Camilla a judge? .. no offence to Alesha but she isn't qualified to judge.

Thought Martina should've stayed .. she wasn't that bad and it's always nice to watch Matt.

Nice to see Karen on Claudia's show last night .. if Arlene had to go (which I'm far from allowing) why didn't they make Karen or Camilla a judge? .. no offence to Alesha but she isn't qualified to judge.

I love Karen - she's been my favourite professional dancer since she joined in series three, and I'm loving this series of It Takes Two after only two days!

I wasn't particularly bothered that Arlene was no longer a judge - I don't think she's ever really looked natural in front of the camera, and she always seemed to struggle to find the right words when she ran out of the scripted notes she'd made on a dance, but she did know what she was talking about to a certain extent. However, I'd been hoping that when Karen stopped competing she would take on a judges role in the show, as like Len at least she is a professional level judge. At the moment, I'm giving Alesha the benefit of the doubt, especially in light of the complaints and the media backlash, I think she'll settle down well into the role, and I don't see the problem with her taking on the role. After all, it's a celebrity dancing competition for light entertainment purposes, not a World Championship Professional competition.

Thought Martina should've stayed .. she wasn't that bad and it's always nice to watch Matt.

I think Martina was better than Rav and on Saturday night I was dumbstruck when both Bruno and Len saved Rav. However, having seen Rav and Aliona on It Takes Two last night, I think overall they'll be better entertainment for the show as a whole than Martina and Matt would have been, although that's not a valid reason for saving them in the dance-off. Matt will still be in the professional demonstration dances, and the professionals that get voted out earlier on tend to be included more in the dances accompanying the musical guests and more involved in It Takes Two.

Sorry for going on, but Strictly does take over my life for the last three months of the year!

I thought Rav's second dance was better than Martina's second dance, and that he deserved to stay (although I may be biased;)). Really though, neither of them should have been in the bottom two - surely it should have been Joe and Lynda.

Really though, neither of them should have been in the bottom two - surely it should have been Joe and Lynda.

Of course it should, but here we go again with the public and their sympathy votes. :friends0: I wish we didn't have the public vote at all.

I thought Lynda should have gone, but as usual the wrong couples were in the dance-off to begin with. It should have been Jo Wood and Joe Calzaghe, and Joe should have gone. I can't stand it, it really is John Sergeant all over again. :lol:

My favourites at the moment are Ali and Ricky Whittle. Why? Because they are the best dancers! But of course that doesn't count for anything in a dancing competition, does it? :)

I thought Phil Tufnell did well tonight too. Ballroom suits him, but I think his Latin will let him down. He always has such a cheeky grin on his face, like he's really enjoying it, and he makes me smile too. :)

I'm loving this series of Strictly! I think it's got a great mix of couples, and in the early stages, unless a very good celebrity gets voted off, I don't think it matters too much who stays and who goes. I don't think Rav was a particularly good dancer and didn't appear to have much potential, and I don't actually think he was much better than either of the two Jo(e)'s today. He obviously doesn't have public support as he's been in the dance-off twice in his two competitive shows, so keeping him in would only have postponed the inevitable.

The much bigger issue for me tonight was the generally awful choices of songs for the paso doble routines. I'm a traditionalist for my favourite dance, so I always prefer traditional songs but I know other songs can work well (in previous years, I loved "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood" for Darren Gough, and "Live and Let Die" for Letitia Dean), but tonight's choices were just awful - how on earth Zoe & James could dance to "You've Got The Love" is beyond me.

So far this year though, my favourites are Phil Tufnell, Natalie Cassidy, Ali Bastian and Ricky Whittle.

Does anyone know how they actually pick the music? By the sounds of things tonight, the pro's don't actually choose the music which is a bit silly really.

It's one of the mysteries that has never really been cleared up. In previous series of It Takes Two, I've heard some of the professionals talking about finding music to suit their celebrities and music they like, but then I've also seen them handed the piece of paper that tells them what music they've been given.

My guess is that the professionals put forward a selection of songs they'd like for the dances, the legal department go into battle to get clearance to use the songs, and the musical director and producers review the choices as well, and eventually the song is chosen and the professionals are then told which song of their selection they can use. That's just my guess, though, I've only got snippets of info to back that up, no concrete evidence!

You could tell that James and Zoe didn't pick their music. If they had, I think that James would have defended the song to Len as he is a bit feisty! I think that their dance would have looked so much better had they been given traditional paso music as it is so dramatic.

Yes, there doesn't seem to be an out and out winner yet which is good .. I guess a lot of people might think James and Zoe .. but there are quite a few others that could step it up a bit and be in contention.

It all hinges on who is the most popular with the public out of the more accomplished (and even the less accomplished .. who can forget Chris Parker!).

I love Natalie & Vincent - my favourite couples tend to be ones who can dance/have potential, and also entertain me on It Takes Two - and Natalie & Vincent fit the bill perfectly. I like so many of the couples this year, but I think it's a very open competition this year, and I think it's very possible that Nat & Vince could make it a long way through.

From a dance point of view, the salsa last week was good, but she needs to tidy up on her footwork - not quite so important on the salsa, but will be important this week in their first ballroom since their very first dance, the tango.

Well tonight has been interesting - the Latin dances weren't very good. Pleased with tonight's result though - should have happened a few weeks ago.

I still don't have a favourite but I wouldn't be surprised if Ricky Wittle won...

There were some very strange scores from the judges tonight, and although I'm pleased to see that one of the weaker couples left, the leaderboard was all over the place. For me, Jade & Ian were the best of the night, and I can't believe Alesha gave Ricky & Natalie a 10. I'm not complaining that she is a judge, I think she's doing pretty well, especially considering all the flack she's had over the Arlene situation, but there is no way that was a dance that deserved a 10.

OK, my first point to make is that there is no way that Craig Kelly from Corrie should have been at the bottom of the leaderboard. For all his jive wasn't the best, it was not the worst dance of the night (although in a way they did him a favour because I think it made people vote for him :lol:). Second, the latin is really disappointing this year for me. I think most of the contestants manage to pull something out of the ballroom dances but the latin seems to lag behind (although I think that the jive is one of the harder latin dances). And lastly...I'm so pleased about the result. I really took a dislike to Joe instantly (he wasn't very good and for me, he didn't have the good personality the way that Phil Tuffnall, Ricky Groves do) although it was a shock that Zoe was in the bottom two. Again though, this may be a wake up call for her fans to vote more often. My favourite dance of the night was Jade :lol: She's improving so much I think ;) Ok...post over :D

I agree with what everyone else has said. Usually, I get really excited when people are given a 10, but it didn't really feel right last night when Alesha gave one to Rickie. When you give a 10, it should mean that the dance was flawless when it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, it was really good, but I think he should have been given a 9.

Jade and Ian were fab, getting better each week in my opinion. She is a likeable character too.

Zoe and James in the bottom two? How did that happen? I guess people think that she will be safe as she wasn't at the bottom of the leader board, but people still need to vote. Otherwise, the wrong couple could end up leaving. I am glad that Joe has gone, it was beginning to be some uncomfortable viewing watching him 'dance'.

Tuffers look really endearing last night, he is nice to watch and makes me smile.

How good was Flavia and Vincent's dance? They are amazing to watch.

Alesha is the first judge to give a 10 to a dance that doesn't deserve it, and she certainly won't be the last!

I'm not sure that Zoe & James are as good as the judges score her - I don't see any personality in her dances and there's no connection between them, but they were still better than the bottom two.

Tuffers has been a real surprise for me, so smooth and charming - who knew?!

With Karen not competing this year, Flavia has taken her place as my favourite pro female. It's a bit trickier with the men - I've always loved Brendan, he's just oozes appeal when he dances, but Ian's grown on me over the years, as he's so funny, and Vincent it just such a sweetheart! I don't buy the egoistic acting, it's all a front for a lack of self confidence, and you can tell how much he cares about all the celebs he's had to teach, and then when he dances with Flavia, he's just amazing.

OK, my first point to make is that there is no way that Craig Kelly from Corrie should have been at the bottom of the leaderboard. For all his jive wasn't the best, it was not the worst dance of the night (although in a way they did him a favour because I think it made people vote for him :lol:). Second, the latin is really disappointing this year for me. I think most of the contestants manage to pull something out of the ballroom dances but the latin seems to lag behind (although I think that the jive is one of the harder latin dances). And lastly...I'm so pleased about the result. I really took a dislike to Joe instantly (he wasn't very good and for me, he didn't have the good personality the way that Phil Tuffnall, Ricky Groves do) although it was a shock that Zoe was in the bottom two. Again though, this may be a wake up call for her fans to vote more often. My favourite dance of the night was Jade :lol: She's improving so much I think ;) Ok...post over :D

I agree I think the latins ar alot worse than the ballroom. i was actually for the first time in Strictly History a little bored by the show. I was dissapointed with some of the dances. I thought Ricky Groves was really repetative, and I was a little disspaointed with Ali's, more becuase I was looking forward to Brian (an American doing the jive!)

The only one that kept me hooked was like you was Jade's and i am not the biggest fan of hers but she for me seems one of the most consistant of the lot. Ricky a ten? Really???!!! Alesha come on love!

As for the scoring. Why wasn't Anton and Laylia (?) in the bottom 2? It was just just well Bloodyy awful. They forgot more steps than any one else, and I felt like in the end she did not try and get back into the routene, like she gave up before she even started.

Was not sure why Brendan walked off.. can someone tell me why? Skippy the kangeroo, I have heard worse from Craig.

As for the result: I thought it was time for Joe to go and as for zoe, she is good but the routene bored me, so even though I was a little shocked, I don't think people warm to them as a couple and with the boring routene it was not a complete shock.

What does everyone else think?