Patrick Swayze

Nollaig

His death has already been posted about, it's the sort of thing we put in the 'In The News' thread. I know it's a terrible shame but if we started posting threads everytime someone famous we loved died this place would rapidly turn into an obituaries site :lol:

This thread is to discuss our favourite things about him, his best movies/shows etc and to generally gossip like fangirls (and guys :() If anyone just wants to add R.I.Ps, please go here. Any R.I.P posts will be moved there (it's just to keep the forum tidy is all.)

Thanks all!

Edited by Nollaig

His death has already been posted about, it's the sort of thing we put in the 'In The News' thread. I know it's a terrible shame but if we started posting threads everytime someone famous we loved died this place would rapidly turn into an obituaries site :lol:

http://bookclubforum.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?p=300315#post300315

If anyone wants to rapidly turn this into a discussion about the man's work, go ahead and the thread will stay, but if it's just a long list of 'R.I.P's then it's going. I also edited the title just to generalise it and make this thread less about the one event and more about his work. I hope that sounds okay? :(

Oops sorry if I upset anyone:(

Edited by SueB

I hadn't heard till I read this thread. I liked him. Loved Dirty Dancing and I just watched Ghost on Sky on Friday night after flicking through for something to watch on the movie channel. Have lost count of how many time I have seen that one. I have never seen any of the series The Beast thought so can't comment. What was it about!

Oops sorry if I upset anyone:(

No it's alright, it's just I don't want to start a trend of R.I.P threads :(

My favourite movie by Patrick I think is actually Road House, I'm not keen on Dirty Dancing even though I love the end sequence, and Ghost is superb but still a little too mushy for my liking.

In Road House he's this awesome tough guy who seems really cool until Wade Garrett (Sam Elliott) comes along and completely blows him out of the water with coolness :lol:

I also think it's pretty awesome that he continued to work on The Beast after he was diagnosed last year, and wouldn't take painkillers while filming as he said they'd take the edge off his performance. :D

So what's everyone else's favourite movie, and why?

Im gonna be biast here RoxiS.C. cos I can watch Dirty Dancing time and time again..............the music is fab, the dancing is fab and Swayze just ooozies sex appeal.......:lol:

You know, I never found him to be that attractive. He was an intense man when he was acting, and that was an attractive quality, but I didn't think he was particularly good looking. I did like that he could be both a tough guy and a dancer though, he did that combination better than John Travolta does.

You know, I never found him to be that attractive. He was an intense man when he was acting, and that was an attractive quality, but I didn't think he was particularly good looking. I did like that he could be both a tough guy and a dancer though, he did that combination better than John Travolta does.

Dont know about attractive maybe a wrong way to say it but he certainly had charisma and he could take me out of the corner anydays rrroaaarrrr :(

He was a fantastic actor though..........and sexy with it....swooon swoooon :lol:

I could watch him and the whole gang in The Outsiders many times over. I also liked Dirty Dancing, and who can forget Point Break?! :lol:

I also laugh so hard every time I see his bit with Chris Farley on Saturday Night Live, trying out to be a Chippendale dancer. He was hilarious!

Hahaha! I dunno, I always liked him as a person but that was basically it.

Now my mum, that's whole other story. Dirty Dancing is her all time favourite movie ever in the history of anything. She LOVES dancing, and as a result she adored Patrick. Twas quite funny at times, anytime any scenes or music from Dirty Dancing came on the tv she'd hop up and start dancing round the room.

Hahaha! I dunno, I always liked him as a person but that was basically it.

Now my mum, that's whole other story. Dirty Dancing is her all time favourite movie ever in the history of anything. She LOVES dancing, and as a result she adored Patrick. Twas quite funny at times, anytime any scenes or music from Dirty Dancing came on the tv she'd hop up and start dancing round the room.

A lady after my own heart your mum :(

My daughter and I's claim to fame is that we sing Ive had the time of my Life word for word.......and we are both tone deaf........luckily he would never have heard us murdering it :lol:

My sister and I used to watch DD and Ghost and have girly nights. I really think it is a shame about him.

The end to DD is the best film ending ever (in my opinion) and She's Like The Wind is one of my favourite songs :D I love it :D

I agree totally! I loved "She's like a wind" that song's lovely!:irked: