Fayezie's Books

fayezie

Ok, I thought I'd give this ago. I can't remember which books I've read this year, so I'll post all the books that I own with their rating, and start doing this properly next year. I will also try and review the books once I've read them.

Books Read:

Cecelia Ahern – If You Could See Me Now – 1/5

Mitch Albom – The Five People You Meet In Heaven – 5/5

Catherine Alliott – The Old Girl Network – 5/5

Catherine Alliott – The Wedding Day – 4/5

Catherine Alliott – Not That Kind of Girl – 4/5

Catherine Alliott – The Real Thing – 5/5

Catherine Alliott – The Secret Life of Evie Hamilton – 5/5

Linwood Barclay - Too Close to Home – 5/5

Linwood Barclay – No Time For Goodbye – 5/5

Emily Barr – Out of My Depth – 5/5

Emily Barr – Plan B – 5/5

Emily Barr – Back-Pack – 5/5

Emily Barr – Cuban Heels – 4/5

Emily Barr – The Life You Want – 3.5/5

Mark Billingham – In The Dark – 4/5

Meg Cabot – Size 12 Is Not Fat – 5/5

Meg Cabot – Size 14 Is Not Fat Either – 5/5

Meg Cabot – Size Doesn’t Matter – 5/5

Rowan Coleman – The Accidental Mother – 5/5

Rowan Coleman – The Accidental Family – 5/5

Rowan Coleman – The Baby Group – 5/5

Patricia Cornwell – Scarpetta – 3/5

Enrique de Heriz – Lies – 4/5

Gemma Fox – Caught In The Act – 4/5

Tana French – The Likeness – 5/5

Jane Green – The Beach House – 5/5

Jane Green – Second Chance – 5/5

Elisabeth Hyde – The Abortionist’s Daughter – 5/5

Elisabeth Hyde – Crazy As Chocolate – 4/5

Elisabeth Hyde - In The Heart of the Canyon - 5/5

Belinda Jones – The Love Academy – 5/5

Belinda Jones – Divas Las Vegas – 5/5

Belinda Jones – Paradise room – 5/5

Belinda Jones – Caf

Edited by fayezie
New book rating

Books Read (continued):

Jennifer Weiner – Little Earthquakes – 5/5

Jennifer Weiner – Good In Bed – 4/5

Jennifer Weiner – In Her Shoes – 5/5

Jennifer Weiner – Goodnight Nobody – 5/5

Madeleine Wickham – The Wedding Girl – 5/5

Madeleine Wickham – Cocktails For Three – 5/5

Madeleine Wickham – A Desirable Residence – 5/5

Madeleine Wickham – Swimming Pool Sunday – 5/5

Reading At The Moment:

Brooke Morgan - Tainted

Books To Read (That I Have Got):

Katie Price - Sapphire

Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice

Books To Read (Need To Buy):

Catherine Alliott – Going Too Far

Catherine Alliott – A Married Man

Catherine Alliott – Olivia’s Luck

Catherine Alliott – A Crowded Marriage

Catherine Alliott – Rosie Meadows Regrets…

Emily Barr – Baggage

Emily Barr – The Sisterhood

Emily Barr – Atlantic Shift

Meg Cabot – Queen of Babble

Meg Cabot – Queen of Babble in the Big City

Meg Cabot – Queen of Babble Gets Hitched

Meg Cabot – The Boy Next Door

Meg Cabot – Boy Meets Girl

Meg Cabot – Every Boy’s Got One

Rowan Coleman – The Accidental Wife

Rowan Coleman – Woman Walks Into A Bar

Rowan Coleman – River Deep

Rowan Coleman – Growing Up Twice

Rowan Coleman – After Ever After

Tana French – In The Woods

Jane Green – Girl Friday

Sophie Kinsella – Twenties Girl

Adele Parks – Larger Than Life

Adele Parks – The Other Woman’s Shoes

Jodi Picoult – Plain Truth

Jodi Picoult – Salem Falls

Jodi Picoult – Mercy

Jodi Picoult – Picture Perfect

Jodi Picoult – Vanishing Acts

Jodi Picoult – Keeping Faith

Jodi Picoult – The Tenth Circle

Jodi Picoult – Second Glance

Lynda La Plante – Silent Scream

Karin Slaughter – Triptych

Karin Slaughter – Blindsighted

Karin Slaughter – Indelible

Karin Slaughter – Skin Privilege

Karin Slaughter – Genisis

Karin Slaughter – A Faint Cold Fear

Karin Slaughter – Martin Misunderstood

Karin Slaughter – Like A Charm

Karin Slaughter – Kisscut

Karin Slaughter – Faithkess

Karin Slaughter – Schattenblume

Jennifer Weiner – Certain Girls

Jennifer Weiner – Best Friends Forever

Madeleine Wickham – Sleeping Arrangements

Madeleine Wickham – The Tennis Party

Madeleine Wickham – The Gatecrasher

Edited by fayezie
Updated Books to Read list

Ahh thanks.

Its always nice to read what other people think about the book before starting it!! :lol:

Yeah totally. Also gives you loads of ideas and an even bigger TBR pile :irked:

When it comes to slaughter I notice you have them all. I would recommend to start from teh beginning right through the end. Blindsighted is her first and one of her best. I would love to hear what you think.

CW

Thats like me I often buy from charity shops.

The order f the slaughter books are like this.

BLINDSIGHTED (Grant County)

KISSCUT (Grant county)

A FAINT COLD FEAR (Grant County)

INDELIABLE (Grant County)

FAITHLESS (Grant County)

TRIPTYCH (Will Trent)

SKIN PRIVILEGE (Grant county)

FRACTURED (will Trent)

GENISIS (Offically Grant County but combines Will Trent)

Hope that helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Review:

Title: Songs of the Humpback Whale

Author: Jodi Picoult

Sypnosis (from back of book):

The first time Jane Jones tried to leave her husband, her daughter almost got killed. This time, she's going to do it right.

Jane escaped a childhood of abuse into the refuge of marriage, only to find history repeating itself. And when her husband's neglect extends to their daughter too, she knows it must stop.

Taking Rebecca wit her, Jane runs away, seeking the only place of safety she knows. But however far she runs, she cannot escape the question always on her mind: how can she save her daughter, when she couldn't save herself?

My Comments:

I am a massive Jodi Picoult fan (as my first post in this thread shows), however was a little disappointed with this book.

The whole book is told from different point of views; the first half of the book in particular jumps from the current time to the future. I found this slightly confusing as we were being introduced to characters that I didn't know how they fitted into the story.

However, the second half of the story was much better. As you got further in the story, the parts that you already knew from the beginning is told in more detail.

I would recommend this book to any of Jodi Picoult's fans, but would probably suggest reading some of her other books first.

Rating: 4/5

Review:

Title: Kill For Me

Author: Karen Rose

Brutalised: Susannah Vartanian's life changed overnight when, as a teenager , she was viciously raped by a sadistic gang of youths. Now she won't allow anyone to get close to her.

Sickened: Luke Papadopoulos is approaching burn-out. As a detective working on sex crmes against children, he will do anything to find those responsible for such evil atrocities.

Terrified: Monica Cassidy's life is under threat. Held in a bunker with ten other teenage girls, she barely escaped her life when he kidnappers fled, killing five of the girls as they left. Now Monica is the only one free who can identify her abductors, and they know where she is.

Can they work together to find the five missing girls. The clock is ticking...

My Comments:

This is my first Karen Rose book, and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Each chapter consists of short 'diary entries' from the points of view of the kidnappers and the cops. Due to this, I found the book very easy to read and just couldn't put it down.

There were many twists in the story (some of which I did guess, but it didn't spoil the story). However, I did find one part of the story a bit far fetched - I won't go into much detail, so not to spoil it for anyone that decies to read this. Also, there wasn't too many gruesome parts to this story although I don't feel it would be suitable for a young teenager.

I really liked all the characters in the book especially Luke and Susannah, and found that you sympathised a lot with their problems and fears.

I would definately recommend this to anyone who likes these type of books, and to anyone that is just beginning to read this genre.

Rating: 5/5

Review:

Title: In The Heart of the Canyon

Author: Elisabeth Hyde

JT Maroneym veteran river guide, is ready to take his 125th trip deep into the heart of the Grand Canyon, one of the most beautiful natural chasms in the world. JT thinks he's seen it all before, but this trip will change him forever. For the next two weeks his twelve passengers, mostly strangers to one another - and certainly to him, will paddle, swim and ride the rapids, sleep under the stars and breathe in the drama of the landscape. They'll also learn all about each other; more, perhaps, than they wanted to know. As the trip gets underway, allegiances form, often between unlikely members of the group: connections that constantly change and evolve in the most unpredictable ways.

My Comments:

This was a really good, light hearted, easy to read book. A brilliant summer read. All the characters were different and on the trip for different reasons. There were lots of different stories and families being tested whilst they were on the river.

I really enjoyed this book, and found it really hard to put down. More so towards the end, where there is a good twist

where one of the passengers goes into labour and she doesn't know that she's pregnant!!

which I didn't see coming. I would have loved the story to carry on for another few chapters to see what happened to them in their every day lives to see what lessons they learnt whilst on the trip.

Next book: The Difference A Day Makes - Carole Matthews

I brought two new books today.

Finally got a copy of Pride and Prejudice.

IMG_3510.jpg

But because its such a gorgeous copy, I don't wanna read it!! :motz:

And also got the new Audrey Niffenegger book, Her Fearful Symmetry which was half price!! :smile2:

Review:

Title: The Difference A Day Makes

Author: Carole Matthews

William and Amy Ashurst are typical townies, but when Will collapses on his way to work he decides to move to the country.

Three months later, Amy is standing outside Helmshill Grange, a sullen monstrosity of a house, deep in the Yorkshire moors. Within days, Will's traded in their brand-new Audi for a clapped-out Land Rover, and brought home chickens, goats, sheep, a serial-killer cat and a mad dog. Then tragedy strikes and Amy finds she's living a dream but it's not her own...

My Comments:

I really enjoyed this book. Again it was another easy to read, quick chapters that made you want to carry on reading. As you can tell from the sypnosis it's quite sad at the beginning, and you really feel for Amy and her children who, from the moment they get to their new home hate the countryside.

I think Carole Matthews wrote the death of Will extremely well and how the children dealt with it. I also enjoyed the feelings Amy was having for the local Vet, as she had just lost her husband and felt confused.

I definately saw the ending coming, but that didn't mean that I enjoyed it any less. I would definately recommend this book. I will be looking out for more of Carole Matthew's books.

Next book: To Love, Honour and Betray - Kathy Lette

Review:

Title: To Love, Honour and Betray

Author: Kathy Lette

When Lucy finds out her football coach hubby's been playing away from home, she's devastated. But when she discovers just who he's been scoring with, she wants to kick a few balls of her own.

So now that Lucy's learnt that her perfect marriage was like most of her orgasms (faked), the big question is are all men 'persons of dubious parentage', or will she find one exception to the rule?

My Comments:

I really didn't enjoy this book. I felt it lacked depth. I didn't warm to any of the characters. Whilst I hated the woman the husband is having an affair with

Renee, Lucy's best friend :lol:

I also didn't like Lucy. She came across very pathetic and desperate to win her husband back when it was clear it was never going to happen.

The start of the story was a little unexpected as the husband had already left Lucy (although Lucy didn't know that he was cheating on her). I was expecting it to start with them together so you knew as a reader how their relationship had been.

The author attempted too many jokes (at least three a page) and hardly any were funny.

Towards the end of the book, Lucy began to have an interest in someone else

Lockie, the lifeguard saver teacher

. One moment she was nice to him, then she wasn't, all in half a page, which I found frustrating.

However, despite all the bad things I said, I did manage to finish this. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone as I didn't find it particularly easy to read.

Rating: 2/5 (only because I finished it)

Next book: TBC

Finally got a copy of Pride and Prejudice.

But because its such a gorgeous copy, I don't wanna read it!!

It is soooooo lovely!

I've got the same copy of Pride and Prejudice and I've been carrying it round in a towel so as not to damage it, so I know how you feel :D

:D There are so many people on here who will be nodding their heads and saying, "Mm, that's a good idea". I include myself in that! :D