Dodie Smith - I Capture The Castle

Janet

I've seen this one about & heard mixed reviews, but seeing yours, I think I'll give it a miss - it doesn't sound like my cup of tea at all.

• 3 years later...

I just read this book, and I didn't know it was a teen story...? It's more of a romance, in my opinion. Albeit a mild one. They've re-issued it here recently so it was on the 'New Arrivals' table at Barnes & Noble, which explains my mistaking the category, and it didn't have the genre-type on the outside cover either. Good thing or I wouldn't have read it.

I liked it, actually!! The descriptions were very good, and it kept my interest throughout, but then I'm NOT a fan of riveting, 'edge-of-your-seat' tension and suspense!

definitely a good read for younger readers, maybe not so hot for those of us with a more jaded outlook on romance!
Would you say it's suitable for someone who doesn't qualify as a younger reader but whose favourite film remains Disney's Sleeping Beauty? It's on my wishlist as I've read some wonderful reviews; I'm 24 but very un-jaded (to the point that my wordlier friends tend to pat me on the head), d'you reckon I'd enjoy it?