Opinions on these books

Oh I have read quite a few of them in the past including Wyrd Sisters, but I've not read any recently as I seem to have turned away from them for the moment. I probably read too many in one go. It' s only the early titles that I have read. I may go back to them one day.

I can't believe I Haven't succumbed to these books yet! I am just being much too sensible - I've borrowed a Hamish and a Wexford novel from the library and I'm going to see if they appeal to me first and just maybe, if they do, I'll then find out they've sold out of the collections and I'll be slightly annoyed!! :D

You see, I succumbed partially but chose my part wrong; I ordered the Austens, which turned out to be not the prettiful editions I was expecting, instead of the Penguin for Boys collection, which I knew are lovely from having seen them in Waterstone's... *cry*!

Mmmmm, I knew I shouldn't have opened up the Book People website, very tempting but I have just ordered a load more books off Amazon (I'm even setting up a "bookcase" in an empty cupboard here at work because I don't have enough room for them at home:lol:

Anyway, back to the thread and books in question .... yes I have read quite a few of the books you mentioned Loopyloo. The Wexford ones are fun and they are quite a diverse collection so you won't feel you are reading the same book different theme. The Hamish McBeth ones are good too, because not only do you get the mystery, you get a good character in Hamish and the wonderful scenery to boot.

I'd say go for them .......

Edited by SueK
typo

You see, I succumbed partially but chose my part wrong; I ordered the Austens, which turned out to be not the prettiful editions I was expecting, instead of the Penguin for Boys collection, which I knew are lovely from having seen them in Waterstone's... *cry*!

Oh dear! :lol:

Anyway, back to the thread and books in question .... yes I have read quite a few of the books you mentioned Loopyloo. The Wexford ones are fun and they are quite a diverse collection so you won't feel you are reading the same book different them. The Hamish McBeth ones are good too, because not only do you get the mystery, you get a good character in Hamish and the wonderful scenery to boot.

I'd say go for them .......

Thanks Sue - I'm just about to start Death of a Macho Man and I'll see what I think.

• 2 weeks later...