Opinions on these books

... alas, like Ben, I haven't read any of the titles you posted; however, if you're even vaguely interested in a couple per collection, it would seem like too good an offer to miss.

You do realise what you've done by posting that link, do you *tears hair out*?!

Yes they do look a bargain Ben - that's the problem - I like bargains! ;) But is this a baragin when you already have an enormous TBR?!

Sorry Bookjumper - hope you have some hair left! :D

I've not ordered them yet - I'm hoping I'll either get put off or else someone will tell they're fantastic reads! Most seem to get reasonable reviews elsewhere but it's always good to hear BCF opinions!

I'd go for the 'Summer Reads'. There's a good variety (as advertised!) and if you don't enjoy one too much, they will be a slightly different one to go on to. If you go with the Wexford or Hamish MacBeth, you may be stuck with a series of books that you are not enjoying.

Robert Carlyle as Hamish..................:D

I haven't read any of them but if they are what I think they are then Wexford are the ones I would buy as I remember watching them on television. The woman that played his wife in the drama was also his real life wife.

But judging by another's comment Summer Reads are the way to go if you don't want to be stuck with a set of books you don't want ...

Of course if you do go for Wexford and find out you don't like them ... I'm sure we can negotiate something!:D! Joking!

I feel I must tell you, that as a member of a book forum, it is youir duty to maintain a high book level. Buying 3 of these sets would put you in the running to be nameed the owner of the tallest book mountain! 93p a book....must. not. look. at. books. :D

I've read (several years ago) a couple of the Wexford ones - Simisola and Harm Done - I'd recommend those. :D

ETA: I see that Harm Done isn't included in that set, but I like her writing style - I'm sure you'd enjoy them.

Edited by Janet

So it seems they all may be worth buying then - thanks eveyone! :D I almost pressed the payment button last night, but for some reason I held off thinking I'll see how I feel about them in the morning. I had a read of the first Hamish Macbeth book on Amazon's look inside feature and it certainly looks like something I'll read. As for Wexford I can certainly see myself enjoying those and the Summer Reads look just that easy reading for whiling a few hours away. I don't think they'd go to waste, but how big do I need my TBR pile to get. I think guilt is stopping me buying - for the moment!

I'm not sure if it's a good idea, because sometimes with offers like these you have to buy some books you actually didn't like. But if you already know or if you think that you will like most of the books, then it's ok

Book clubs like the one you mention are always too good to be true, aren't they. :friends0:

At least with the one LoopyLoo is talking about there is no 'book of the month' and no obligation to buy anything.

They have some real bargains on their site - it's so tempting!

Why does everyone keep tempting everyone else with offers. We're all lost with our TBR's anyway.. there's no hope anymore. :friends0:

Bad website! I am finding myself inordinately attracted to the complete works of Jane Austen (I've been looking for a pretty paperback non-movie-tie-in set for so long, this fits the bill perfectly and isn't even a tenner!) and the Penguin for boys set. There are a couple of titles in there I might not normally buy in and of themselves but the ones I've enjoyed as a (female!) child constitute the majority and who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised re: the others... gwaaaaargh <--- the hills are alive with the sound of frustration!

Aha, you have a point Chimera. At least I know I'll be working through it for a while, and won't have to worry about having nothing to read!

Bugrit (in the words of Foule Old Ron), I'm going to be weak. Millennium hand and shrimp.

A strange language you talk there - which reminds me I'm not reading about the discworld, but I am reading about Disc ants at the moment - a nasty new breed of ant that live on Henders Island - They're in a new novel called Fragment by Warren Fahy - I can see this being made into a blockbuster film - it's reminiscent of Jurasic Park and it's fast paced action all the way.

Enjoy the books I wish I could be decisive one way or the other but I'm still considering options! :friends0: