Beachcombing by Maggie Dana

I enjoyed this too, Michelle, and found it hard to put down by the time I was halfway through. It was an intelligent beach read that completely avoided blandness. That last page was one of the best I've read in a long time. Very satisfying. And a romantic heroine in her 50s?!... Hooray!!! :)

I think readers who liked Joanne Harris' COASTLINERS and Anne Rivers Siddons' UP ISLAND (2 of my favourite "seaside" books) will enjoy BEACHCOMBING.

Michelle, many thanks for the warm and generous review. I'm back in the U.S. having had the most memorable visit home anyone could hope for. Soon as my feet hit the ground again, I'll post the highlights of my trip on the Featured Author thread you kindly started for me a month ago and which I've not been able to get to, having been at the mercy of friend's PCs while in England. I'm a Mac user and totally witless when it comes to PC navigation.

• 1 month later...

I'm looking forward to reading this, and thinking of picking up a copy of this for my holiday reading later in the year, but I haven't seen it in any of my local bookshops, so I might have to get it online instead (I usually don't like to buy books online, as I like the feeling of picking them out in a bookshop).