The Twilight Saga by Stephenie Meyer

Nollaig

• Replies 798
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Im a huge Twilight fan,i did it the wrong way round really....I watched the first film and waited a few months and brought the books.I started reading new moon first as id already saw the film and though how different could it be??Went on to read Eclipse after and then decided to read Twilight. (waiting for my birthday as the step son says he wants to buy me Breaking dawn so ive not read the last one yet but read most of the spoilers lol)

Im currently half way through the first one and must say how different it is to the film.And so far its definitely the worst book of the 3 ive read,new moon is the best one so far.

Waiting to watch it on dvd when it comes out...im not one for cinemas lol.

But i love twilight and proud lol Team Edward!!!!

xxx

I don't ever read this thread, but I was just reading that Twilight is being made into two graphic novels. I guess some of you would be interested in that? The first one is being released in the US on 20 July. (I really shouldn't be encouraging you all :D) Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with Noll too on this one. I was quite disappointed in some of the characters - mainly vampire ones - in this whole series.

I felt the werewolves characters were better written and did at least hint a bit more of danger

The relationship between Bell and Edward just got on my nerves in the end. I was fed up to the death of it by the last book.

The last book was , hm..... well again spent too much time on Bell and Edwards relationship and consequences of their eventually one night of passion.

I can't help but wonder why this story even included vampires and werewolves. It could of been a teen romance and leave any supernatural elements out of it. Probably then I'd not of bothered reading them.

Book 1 was OK

Book 2 & 3 are better because I felt Jake was a much better character

Book 4 - awful

I agree too. They are fun to read and pass the time but are not earth shattering or that well written. There is however something about them that will make you go back to them again and again.

I really enjoyed reading all of the books, I couldnt put them down. I think that they got better and better and after me ranting and raving about them two other people became obsessed with them too.

I enjoyed the fact that Bella didn't struggle becoming a vampire because it all tied in with the rest of the story, like because of her brain control keeping people out, she can keep herself in, people cant enter her thoughts and smells of humans (human blood) is interpretated by her brain so to me its kinda like her brain works in slow motion protecting itself.

I dunno if that made any sense I'm a little nervous its my first official post.

Wow, 6 people agreed with what I said and the world didn't implode! Amazing! :)

Rune I agree with you on the quality of books too, now that I like Jake. 2 & 3 are ALMOST good! :censored:

We should of gotten a gathering to support Jake getting the girl :no:

Yeah I disliked that all of a sudden she had perfect movement after god knows how many years of being so incredibly clumsy, seemed a little unreal, and then not having the blood/human craving that *all* of the others had, seems silly, she should have atleast eaten one human :censored:

It is silly, if you really think about it. But a lot of young girls are going to like that.. sort of like ugly duckling to graceful swan.

Or alternatively, she could have invented a guy who likes the ugly ducking just as she is.

OH WAIT, she did. Jacob.

But remember, Edward loved her as she was and didn't want her to be changed -

the fact that she was changed in the end was only to save her life. You can guarantee that if she hadn't become pregnant and Nessie killing her Edward would have found a way to delay that decision.

I know I'm totally just winding ye up! :) Never take me seriously, I'm just a Twi-troll :lol:

I need to smile more, that's my problem.

Arrr my lovely, ye aren't a Twi-troll, ye are a Jake lover :D And that's worse :lol:

:)

I'm not Team Jacob because I want him to be with Bella, I'm Team Jacob because I would personally choose him. And because Edward is a stalker freak.

Isn't that why a lot of people are either Team Edward or Team Jacob anyway? Because they themselves want to be with the character??? If that's the case I'm Team Jasper :lol:

And my last comment on this but Bella does not lead him on that much, and Jake is making promises he can't keep because once he imprints - bam, Bella's going to be dropped like a hot potato! This is all in the absence of

Nessie the Loch Ness monster, sorry, spoilt hybrid baby

:D

i dont really like the character of Bella. the fact that she needs to be saved all the time and she cannot seem to live a decent life without this walking corpse, i find so sad at times. But again as I said, a lot of teenage girls are going to like that.. all the saving and what do you know clumsy girl gets two guys ( a vampire and a werewolf, mind you) fighting over her. She is so special that creatures of the night go berserk. It's kind of silly.

Its really all about a lonely girl who doesnt seem to belong finds sort of an alternate world where she is wanted and sought after...I mean, if you really think about it.

i dont really like the character of Bella. the fact that she needs to be saved all the time and she cannot seem to live a decent life without this walking corpse, i find so sad at times. But again as I said, a lot of teenage girls are going to like that.. all the saving and what do you know clumsy girl gets two guys ( a vampire and a werewolf, mind you) fighting over her. She is so special that creatures of the night go berserk. It's kind of silly.

Its really all about a lonely girl who doesnt seem to belong finds sort of an alternate world where she is wanted and sought after...I mean, if you really think about it.

Wow! Lightbulb moment. Thanks for that maedhermit.

Now I am going to go back and read all 60 odd pages:mrgreen: