I Know Who You Are! by Mariam and Fatima Masood

famar

Hi friends,

I am new to the forums and have loved reading threads.

I would like to suggest a wonderful new book that is being released tomorrow. This is a great read and I can say that since I was lucky enough to read the review copy of this title.

The authors are twin sisters based in Dubai and the book is I KNOW WHO YOU ARE! being published by Olympia Publishers. It is due to be released on 30th March in the UK.

This book presents a wonderful fresh concepts of character skins. The story of Sultan is very gripping and is wonderfully woven around the five character skins namely Hammer head, Headspin, Sticklip, Flipside and Scuff.

It is available on Amazon too. So readers get ready for a good read....:lol:

rdgs

Hi Janet,

Well, I run a mothers group called Creative Mumz and a review copy of this book was sent to me by the authors. I happened to come across this forum and wanted to share my opinion about what I read recently.

I don't know why it was taken as if I am bombarding the forum with promotional posts. Janet I feel we all have the right to express our feelings, I do not know why was this taken so negatively that my second post was deleted which I had written to a member who was looking for a good read....well such things might put off new users....

rdgs

Well apologies if I was wrong. It's just that it's quite unusual for new members to make posts like this when they are brand new to the boards.

When someone signs up and immediately posts about a specific book it is usually (but not always) a sign that they are connected with the book - which is fine as we do have this forum for author promotions.

If you are not actually connected with this book then I can move it to the fiction forum, which would be more suitable than the "looking for a book" forum which is where it was originally posted. :lol:

I love how anytime posts like these are moved, the author comes snapping back at the Mods.

Reads promotionally to me too tbh.

Janet's point, Famar, is that the vast majority of first posts by new users (and we get them on nearly a daily basis) is an introduction in the introductions forum, and the vast majority of first posts with this kind of content tend to turn out to be the book's author or someone related to the book.

Given the sheer volume of threads and posts in the forum, you have to forgive Moderators for trying to keep it tidy by doing what they feel is best.

Well, thanks for the prompt replies but I feel mods should inquire before making hasty decisions of the sort that can put off new users, who are taken aback and may not use the forum in future...a better approach would be to write to the new member and inquire and then make a decision....its better to start positively when looking at new things!!

Okay well, just for future reference, when talking about a book you've read, people will be more interested in hearing the genre of the book, maybe an Amazon synopsis or a back cover synopsis, and a fairly concise summary of your view on the book. If you know which genre it goes into, (this book sounds somewhat Young Adult or younger, given it was sent to a mum's group, and the names of the characters) then you can just post your mini 'review' in the appropriate forum. If unsure, use 'fiction'. Usually including the author's name helps too - you noted the two authors are from Dubai, but we got no names? :lol:

Hope this helps a bit.

Edited by Nollaig
Bad grammar.... it's late, I'm tired, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Well, thanks for the prompt replies but I feel mods should inquire before making hasty decisions of the sort that can put off new users, who are taken aback and may not use the forum in future...a better approach would be to write to the new member and inquire and then make a decision....its better to start positively when looking at new things!!

Unfortunately, famar, most of the new members who start out posting promotional posts deny that they are connected with the book, and then we find out they are. This is no reflection on you, but we have a lot of experience with this. :lol: