Robin Hood back on Saturday finally

karla

Hmm, think I'll give the new series a miss in spite of the lovely Richard Armitage. I thought it was a bit lame and, I can't get my head around the new jargon either AND the incongruous clothes.

Can't beat Richard Green back in the 50s, great stuff that was with all the men looking so clean with their brylcreemed hair:mrgreen:

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone see this weekend's episode? I've never seen anything so unintentionally hilarious for a long time - it was pathetic.

The best (worst) bit was Guy's secret weapon to kill Robin - a lion so elderly and arthritic that it could barely get out its box! :D Once it managed to stumble out, it merely stood there and looked on the point of collapse instead of attacking anyone.

The whole episode was dire, with a bizarre plotline that just didn't make sense. When the "elite" guards were herding Robin and his men towards the lion, why didn't they just pick them off with bows and arrows, which would have been much easier? Or is it only Robin that knows how to use a bow? :)

I know this isn't a series to be taken seriously, but after a few relatively decent episodes I didn't expect it to descend to quite this level of banality. Even Guy returning couldn't save it.

Tonight's episode was a lot better, thank goodness. :lol:

I enjoyed the fights between Gisburne and the sheriff, but they should have joined forces and killed Prince John instead. I was so pleased that

the sheriff was finally dead, and then it was spoiled when his hand twitched. Boo! :)

Yes, I'm not sure about her either, and whether she can be trusted. I think she's obviously going to get together with Robin, and perhaps

her betrayal leads to his death? (I don't know that he is going to die, but I do know that this series is his last).

Ooh, I don't know, but it should be good! Perhaps

the Sheriff will lie low for a while and scheme against Guy in the background? I'm really not sure. Maybe the sheriff should use the fact that everyone thinks he's dead to kill Prince John.

(I wish someone would. He's a right evil :) isn't he? I did think he would do something to ruin that Locksley couple's wedding day, but nothing as bad as what he did do. I actually thought that was quite horrific for what could be seen as a "children's" series.)

• 1 month later...

Tonight's episode was quite enjoyable. Guy and Robin working together! Very interesting. And there was the woman from Torchwood apparently married to Antony Worrall Thompson! :lol:

The best bit though was nicked straight from Monty Python's Life of Brian, when they were in the dungeon and asked who was Archer. Cue everyone shouting "I'm Archer!" :blush:

• 2 weeks later...
As soon as Alan said "It's you", I knew who it was!

So did I!

I really enjoyed this week's episode too, it was very good (for Robin Hood standards). Next week's finale should be excellent. :she:

I think I should have carried on with this in the end. I watched four or five episodes then gave in. :lol: But people saying the last few episodes were good.