Liz K's Reading for 2010

busy91

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll do it, it really isn't that big a deal. As of now I only need 28 more books (7 books a month).

I don't plan too much what I'm going to read, I don't buy many books either, I'm a library borrower. And not to mention my TBR is heafty and my Kindle has so many things on it.

I won't have to look far for reading material.

Edited by busy91

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There were some standouts yes. :D

To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee - I've never read this, and this is the favorite of the year.

Silas Marner by George Eliot- Audio, one of the best classics I've come across.

The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield - Audio, from what I have heard, it is better in Audio format. The narrators were interesting and made the story move.

The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery - Children's book but very good, one of those books that make you think.

The Little Lame Prince by Dinah Mulock - Another children's book that had one of those real heart wrenching morals.

Beasts of New York by Jon Evans (ebook format only) - Only found on line, not in any store (online). Read this on my Kindle, it is labled as a fairy tale for adults, and what a ride.

• 4 weeks later...

I usually don't post reviews here, but I thought I just had to post this about the last book I read, which was awful, and I would not want anyone to think "Hmmmm, that sounds good" and then blame me later :lol:.

Password Incorrect

by Nick Name

Translated from the Polish by Anna Etmanska

I

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hi Liz

I had a look at your reading list for 2010, and see you read Push by Sapphire. What did you think of it?

I read it a few months ago, and loved it! However I found the subject matter so upsetting that I frequently had to put it down to recover and have a cry!

The film was released here recently, but I was not able to catch it. I would be interested to see how it would translate to the screen.

Now that April has passed, how did you get on with Losing Weight and being happier in 10 days? :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...