Nicci Gerrard - Things We Knew Were True

Kell

Things We Knew Were True

Author: Nicci Gerrard

ISBN # 0141012471

Publisher: Penguin

First Published: 2003

310 pages

At 16, Edie's world was turned upside-down when her father failed to come home from work one evening. After 20 years, she eventually makes a passionate and dangerous attempt to return to the past - in search of the truth about her father and lost teenage love.

The first half of this book focuses on Edie

I am sorry to say I agree with you about this book Kell. I read it some time ago and you sum it up exactly for me too. Its strange because I love Nicci French books, presumably only one half of the duo is not as good as both of them together. I have Solace which is the other book that Nicci Gerrard has written on her own to read, and I am reluctant to give it a go because of this one.

I have to admit I'm relieved it's not just me. I've not actually read any Nicci French yet - I started reading Killing Me Softly a little while ago, but I wasn't in the mood for it, so it got put back on the shelf for now. It never even occurred to me that it has half of that duo - LOL!