World Book Day - 5 March 2009

Kell

I am a teacher but we are having our WBD celebrations a week or so later as we have a special guest coming in to do workshops with the kids!

Sounds interesting, anyone well known?

Last year the local primary school had a childrens author (can`t remember the name) and an illustrator in to do workshops with groups of children. I think that went down well with everyone.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had SUCH a good photo idea, but I don't live in the right city! :blush:

I'd totally go to Dublin to go it if it didn't cost 60 euro to get there

I bet I know exactly what your idea was! ;)

Pm me and tell me! (don't want anyone else to steal it in case I win the lotto in time!)

Oh now you've both gotten me curious... I'm wishing you win the lotto just so we get to see it :lol: Anyway I could be let in on the secret? (there's no way I'm going to Dublin to steal the idea ;)).

I'm looking for an idea of my own... Hopefully I'll get one in time for the 5th of march!

I'd totally go to Dublin to go it if it didn't cost 60 euro to get there ;)

Looks like I might be flying to Dublin to do my idea! :17: There are same-day return flights for only a fiver per person including all tax/insurance/whatever. My friend said she'd go with me sooooooo it's looking like I might be going! :)

Won't be til March 4th though :lol:

I can't wait to see Roxi's pic now. *laughs*

I thought about asking if I could do it in the locker roo.. *sudden stop* well, not IT it! You dirty old... *laughs* TAKE THE PICTURE in the locker room, but I don't think how much they'll like it. Plus, it's so obviously staged. It should be like "what? Don't all people read in here?" while being completely outrageous and weird... Shoe store? Ooh, there's an idea!

Mine is a variation on a place people always read - it's IN a place people read, but it's in an unusual... position? LMAO that sounds so wrong. No, but it's also going to be very posed - it's arty as much as anything.

Lmfao roxi, I'm getting worried about your pic now. :lol:

Because I told kell what my idea was - she suspected something, and I asked her to pm me it. It wasn't correct, but I then told her my actual idea because I didn't think I would be doing it. Otherwise I wouldn't have told her, coz she could well have already decided she doesn't really like it.

Sounds like we're all talking in code. :) Roxi you can tell me?! I'm not flying out to Dublin any time soon, considering I haven't even been to Ireland before. :giggle:

Does it HAVE to be of me? I mean, I can't take a pic of myself... So if I take the pic of someone else? Of course with their permission? Is that okay? (Plus, did you really expect me to post a pic of myself on here? ha!)