Any recommendations?

K1nS

What on earth is a chick flick book ??? !!!! Never heard that expression before honest !!! :roll:

I took it to mean Chick Lit, from the list of authors K1nS listed. I've never heard of it as chick flick, but chick lit (just in case you've never heard that term) is a genre of books directed solely at women. The Harlequin Romance novel, but with perhaps a little more substance. Not sure if Mills & Boon/Harlequin romances fall into this genre?

I read 'An offer you can't refuse' by Jill Mansell. It was ok, very easy to read but too predictable.

But then most chick lit books are I suppose. Well, have you read any by Melissa Hill? Hers are less predictable. I've read two by her and really enjoyed them, lots of twists and turns :roll:

I have read a few by Sophie Kinsella, she is quite good I have just bought a new book by her actually 'Remember me?' which I haven't started yet.

As for Dorothy Koomson I have never read any of her books, I will have to look out for any :roll:

Dont bother anyone... Im thinking maybe this is too hard for people :D bye all

This does seem a rather strange comment - you did get a few recommendations, and it was simply a little tangent discussion that happened.

Going back to recommendations, you'll probably find plenty of ideas if you take a look at the threads in this section.. there should be some discussions, and some reviews. :lol:

Well, K1ns, I just finished Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot. The main character is just so out-spoken and lovable, but not in a cutesy way, praise the Lord.

I really appreciate Ms. Cabot's extra touches in her book, writing a convincing college thesis on "The History of Fashion" in between every chapter. If only one had her sources of pundit quotations at the beginning of every chapter, too.:D

A few parts of ending were a tad predictable, but in the good way, where you're hoping the main characters will be brave enough to carry out a certain climactic solution.

Is there a sequel to this book?

Where she and Jean Luc are in New York City?

Ugh, I can't believe I finished this book with some explicit content... she's the first and hopefully the only secular contemporary romance author I'll read from. You know it was good since I'm not saying the only book. Hee!

Well, K1ns, I just finished Queen of Babble by Meg Cabot. The main character is just so out-spoken and lovable, but not in a cutesy way, praise the Lord.

I really appreciate Ms. Cabot's extra touches in her book, writing a convincing college thesis on "The History of Fashion" in between every chapter. If only one had her sources of pundit quotations at the beginning of every chapter, too.:D

A few parts of ending were a tad predictable, but in the good way, where you're hoping the main characters will be brave enough to carry out a certain climactic solution.

Is there a sequel to this book?

Where she and Jean Luc are in New York City?

Ugh, I can't believe I finished this book with some explicit content... she's the first and hopefully the only secular contemporary romance author I'll read from. You know it was good since I'm not saying the only book. Hee!

Thanks for this, I am a fan of Meg Cabot although I haven't read any of her books for a while now

If you're looking for classic chick lit (i.e. romantic comedy for single girls), then I would recommend the first two Alexandra Potter books, What's New, Pussycat? and my favourite, Going La La.

I've also enjoyed the first two Lauren Weisberger novels, The Devil Wears Prada and Everyone Worth Knowing and the last one Chasing Harry Winston is on my shelf waiting to be read!

For (slightly) older readers, entertaining but more realistic comedy books for thirty- and forty-somethings who've moved past the young love storylines, try Annie Sanders, whose books are more about women who've got children and/or married and/or careers, who are trying to balance it all in modern life. It's actually two women who write under a single name, but I've enjoyed all their books.