Tragic life stories

K1nS

Wow, that sounds like a really tough situation. I'm not sure where you live, the law is different in different countries. I think in the US, in the case of sexual assault charges they assume the person is guilty unless proven innocent (at least, that's what TV shows make me believe? I'm not sure if it's true). Where I live, I think this is less the case, as far as I know we (here in the Netherlands) always assume innocence unless proven guilty. Anyway, if you are innocent and it can be proven, it's stupid that the police won't listen >< :(. I hope things work out for you somehow.

@ tragic life stories

I've read some life stories with tragic elements, ie.

Anya Peters - Abandoned

Kirstin and Hannah Jones - Hannah's Choice

Some more are on my TBR. ie.:

Dave Pelzer - A Child Called It (and the next two books by him)

Torey Hayden (three of her books)

David Thomas - Tell Me Why Mummy

I haven't bought any tragic life story in a while, I guess I'm not really into them as much anymore, or something (tbh I haven't seen them around as much either, in a book fair or shop). I have to admit though those I've read where pretty good.

I don't read them but feel that I know why they are written.  Abuse victims often are silent as to their experiences and it is a form of therapy to write and to finally have a voice and that voice comes through publication.  I tend to get too traumatised by such stories, even when watching short clips on television that are part of the news.  However they are essential for survivors as there needs to be that sense of removing the feeling of isolation.