Cosychair 2009 Reading log

cosychair

I will use this thread to record and occasionally review the books I read during 2009.

Some books I enjoyed during 2008:

The history by Donna Tart

No time for goodbye by Linwood Barclay

His dark Materials by Philip pullman

The Mitfords:letters between six sisters by Charlotte Mosley

Currently Reading: The Gargoyle by Andrew Davidison

BOOKS FOR 2009

Dissolution By C.J. Sansom

Body Surfing By Anita Shreve

More books for 2009.

The complete List

Dissolution By C.J. Sansom*

Body Surfing By Anita Shreve*

Eclipse by Stephenie Myers*

Breaking dawn by stephenie meyers

A Thousand Splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini

The Moth Diarys by Rachel Klein

The city of Falling Angels by John Benenott

Into the wild by Jonn Krakauer (non-fic)

A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini

Black Diamonds: The rise and fall of an English dynasty by Katherine Bailiey (non-fic)

Inventing the Victorians by Matthew Sweet

The angel Maker by Stefan Brijs (really looking forward to this one!)

* I've already began these novels, I've found that by using my sony Ereader it has made it possible to read a few books at the same time without getting muddled up. Although it's probably best I put a limit on reading 2 at a time, one a light read and one a heavy read or possibly one fiction and the other non-fiction.

• 1 month later...

Finished Eclipsed by Stephanie Myers. I really enjoyed it, far more than the second, the pace really picked up which hooked me much quicker and recaptured my attention.

Once I've finished the 4th book i will do a review of the series as a whole.

Currently half way through Dissolution.

The girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Touch the dark by Karen Chance

A certain slant light by Laura Whitecomb

Clan of the cave bear by Jean M. Auel

Current TBR List:

Dissolution By C.J. Sansom

Body Surfing By Anita Shreve

Eclipse by Stephenie Myers

Breaking dawn by stephenie meyers

A Thousand Splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini

The Moth Diarys by Rachel Klein

The city of Falling Angels by John Benenott

Into the wild by Jonn Krakauer (non-fic)

A thousand splendid suns by Khaled Hosseini

Black Diamonds: The rise and fall of an English dynasty by Katherine Bailiey (non-fic)

Inventing the Victorians by Matthew Sweet

The angel Maker by Stefan Brijs (really looking forward to this one!)

The girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Touch the dark by Karen Chance

A certain slant light by Laura Whitecomb

Clan of the cave bear by Jean M. Auel

• 8 months later...

Update Complete lost sight of my reading list some of the books I read instead were:

The Gargoyle by Andrew Davis Love this book 10/10 I was surprised find l loved the mini stories and Mariannes history as much as the present day story something I usually loose interest in but this was such an intense beautiful novel it kept me gripped.

The suspicions of Mr. Whicher or the murder at road hill house by Kate Summerscale Excellent book read like a novel but actually non fiction with some writers imagination thrown in. 9/10

Finished the Twilight series, very disappointed. Loved the first book but after that the quality in story and writing seemed to be to deteriorate fast.

Current Reading list:

19th Wife by David Ebershoft Half way through, loved it at first but now getting a bit tired wish the pace would pick up.

The Angel's Game by Carlos Ruiz Zafon Going to be my next book can't wait to read it.

The girl with the dragon tattoo by Steig Larrson Possibly listen to this on audio for my daily commute.

Jonathan strange and Mr Norrell by Susan Clark really looking forward to this book, intriguing synopsis and I love long books that I can really amerce myself in.

Her Fearful symmetry by Audrey Niffenegger

C J sansom Trilogy

Re-read The Dark River by John Twelve Hawks

The Golden City by John Twelve Hawks

The Little Stranger by Sarah Waters

Remarkable Creatures by Tracy Chevalier

The Library of Shadows by Mikkel Birkegard

Dead until Dark by Charlain Harris

I now reading and listening to the audio Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell It seems to be a bit of a slow start but it's starting to pick up pace, so haven't lost interest.

19th wife is now my bath book, need a paperback for bath due to mostly reading on Ereader. Really thinking of giving up on this it just isn't holding my intrest but I hate to do it after getting so far through it.

Glad you're enjoying Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, cosychair. I've had this one on my shelf in my TBR pile for some time and hopefully I'll get to it one of these days.

I saw you read The Secret History last year. What did you think of it? It's one of my favorites, and IMO, so much better than Tartt's second attempt.

Glad you're enjoying Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell, cosychair. I've had this one on my shelf in my TBR pile for some time and hopefully I'll get to it one of these days.

I saw you read The Secret History last year. What did you think of it? It's one of my favorites, and IMO, so much better than Tartt's second attempt.

I read Tartt's second book first and really couldn't get into it at all, but so many people had said they had loved The Secret History that I gave it a go.

It was an amazing book one of my favorite, it had so many layers I really couldn't work out what was going to happen next. None of the characters were particularly likable but still they intrigued me and kept me hooked.

Lets hope her next novel it a return to form.

I loved, loved, loved 'The Mitfords, Letters Between Six Sisters' and Susanna Clarke's 'Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell'.

I loved it too, such an interesting family. Have you read any biographies or memoirs about them? Would love to read more on them.

• 1 month later...

Not been able to read much due to illness (hard to read when your eyeball feels like its on fire ) but have been able to listen to some audio books.

I finished reading 19th Wife by David Ebershoft. Mmm felt a little let down by this book after a good start it really started to drag. Although I did enjoy the Mormon history.

The girl with the dragon tattoo by Steig Larrson. Listened to the first few hours on audio (due to the eyeball of fire :irked: ) now reading it in book form. Loving it!

Will be reading the other two over Christmas.

Jonathan strange and Mr Norrell by Susan Clark. Half way through this now on audio enjoying it but the plot does wander off at times but still really enjoying it.