Any good sagas?

BookBee8

Hello everyone :D. This is my first post as I'm new to this forum! I wanted to join a place where I could ask a few questions and also chat with others about books. I've just recently finished the Twilight saga by Stephenie Meyer (I'm sure pretty much everyone has heard of it by now...) and fell completely in love with them! I discovered the Noughts and Crosses series by Malorie Blackman about five years ago and have never stopped loving them either.

I would love to hear of everyone's recommendations for other sagas? There's something about a series of books that draws me in. Harry Potter is another favourite of mine. Other authors I love are: Dorothy Koomson, Jodi Picoult, Adele Parks, Melissa Hill, Nicholas Sparks and Ceceilia Ahern (amongst many, many others). I would love to find another hidden gem in the book world with a beautiful saga.

I would be grateful for any replies. Sorry about the length of this post, I wasn't sure how long they're supposed to be?!

Amongst all that waffle...I would just love to hear about any sagas that any of you would recommend. I'm quite open minded :)

This is pretty much a saga even though the books can be read in any order. Its an urban fantasy novel that is pretty amazing. It could be called the Newford saga and it is by Charles De Lint. There are at least 10 different novels and over 30 different short stories relating to this city where the magic occurs and they revolve around many characters that you see through all different perspectives throughout these stories. These are really adult stories that deal with events that are for mature audiences but they are outstanding books that have amazing characters, writing, and stories that keep you gripped from page one. If you want to start the series start with the collection of short stories called Dreams Underfoot. The book introduces almost all of the major characters in the city so whatever book you read next you will be familar with the setting.

Hmm. Going by the things you like I'd recommend a light-hearted trilogy called Inkheart. The movie will be out shortly, so you may have heard of it. Its a German series of kids books about a guy who can read characters out of their books.

Don't be fooled by the childish descriptions you might find, its actually quite a serious and dangerous adventure the characters embark on =P

And, it has possibly my favourite children's fictional character ever - Dustfinger. He's wonderful. Hes the mysterious untrustworthy shadowy guy many books have - but you get to explore his entire life throughout the course of the books.

Its a really wonderful series.

^____^

Hmm. Going by the things you like I'd recommend a light-hearted trilogy called Inkheart.

I liked Inkheart and though it was a great book but its sequel Inkspell was a real letdown because it took everything the first book had (a thrilling plotline, a fast pace, and really strong characters) and took it all away entirely and removing any magic the first book had. I still haven't read the last book but the first book Inkheart I would still say is a very good book.

Well the good thing about Inkheart is you CAN just take the first book on its own... I liked the second and third ones because I'm very partial to Dustfinger and I enjoyed tracing his character within his own world.

But Inkheart is a great stand-alone story too.

You might enjoy the Women of the Underworld series by Kelley Armstrong, it has 9 books so far, and all of them are intertwined in some way but are about different women who have different supernatural things about them, like a werewolf, a witch, a ghost etc. There are also short novella's that tie in with the whole series that you can get from her website. Anyway, this link will tell you about the series and the novellas :D