The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness

Loopyloo100

Loopyloo, I have this book! I thought it sounded interesting but I haven't yet got past the first chapter (don't know why as it's quite an interesting beginning). I might make it the next one on my TBR list. :)

Loopyloo, I have this book! I thought it sounded interesting but I haven't yet got past the first chapter (don't know why as it's quite an interesting beginning). I might make it the next one on my TBR list. :)

I have to say as well as enjoying the story and characters I love the hardback cover of the book too with it's see through cover that's covered in "Noise." Have you got this edition?

• 3 weeks later...

I decided to give this book another go today, and I really got into it this time! It's a real page-turner, and I'm already nearly halfway through and thoroughly enjoying it.

Sorry Stephen King, you've gone onto the backburner for now! :D

I finished this tonight and I thought it was great! :) The style is unusual, as it's written in the first person, present tense, so it's a bit strange at first. But I soon got used to it and it seemed really natural and brought you right into the action and what everything was thinking.

I thought the idea was original and the book was a real page-turner. The bit where

Manchee died was very sad, as I'd got attached to him by then. It reminded me of Oy's death in the Dark Tower books.

. The relationship between Todd and Viola was well-crafted and I liked the way it developed.

The ending... Very exciting, but annoying as it was such a cliffhanger and I'll have to wait goodness knows how long until the next book! But I'm pleased there is a next book.

I'd give this book 10/10 and recommend it to anyone who fancies reading a young adult book that's different and gripping.

• 1 month later...

Oh, did I ever enjoy this book. I like it when it feels like you can't turn the pages fast enough because you just HAVE to know what happens next. I read it until I fell asleep, I started again the minute I opened my eyes in the morning and just couldn't put it away (which meant I was late for work). And then it ends with the mother of all cliffhangers. I will have to wait a couple of days to read anything else, I'm sure everything seems boring.

I thought the idea was original and the book was a real page-turner. The bit where

Manchee died was very sad, as I'd got attached to him by then. It reminded me of Oy's death in the Dark Tower books.

I quite agree - it got to me too!

Oh, did I ever enjoy this book. I like it when it feels like you can't turn the pages fast enough because you just HAVE to know what happens next. I read it until I fell asleep, I started again the minute I opened my eyes in the morning and just couldn't put it away (which meant I was late for work). And then it ends with the mother of all cliffhangers. I will have to wait a couple of days to read anything else, I'm sure everything seems boring.

It certainly does leave you wanting more!