Nicci French - Killing me Softly

Maureen

A Chiller of a Thriller!! HAve you ever thought about doing something so outrageous, so out of character, so spontanious, that it seems like something out of a book? Well the character in this book does just that, and it takes her to places she is not sure she wants to be......

A great story....all the thriller lovers have to read this!!!

Maureen did you know that the author Nicci French is actually two people - Nicci Gerrard and Sean French. They are a husband and wife team who write together.

Trying to remember if I've read this book. I've read some of 'hers' but not sure about this one.

I've heard so many good reviews about Nicci French, I'm scared to pick up one of her books until I've caught up on all my others because I know I'll want to read more!! I've already been stuck by superglue to Jodi Picoult who was another I was trying to avoid temporarily for the above reason so for now I'm going to have to stick my fingers in my ears, close my eyes and sing:

lalalala la can't hear, can't see.......la la la la la

I have read all of Nicci french's books and am always awaiting a new one. They have dramatised a couple of them on tv as well - they have been good too and stuck close to the books without changing them too much. The film Killing me softly doesn't live up to the book though - again as films always seem to do they changed the end quite a lot.

Well I have so far not read any of hers, but seeing as she has had some good reviews, I flicked through Amazon, picked the one I though sounded the best and requested it on Read It, Swap It, and its now on its way to me :D

Which one did you get?

Tash, just keep her in mind, like I'm doing with Linda Fairstein. I'm sure you'll enjoy her books.

She's another one Maureen, although I'm a step ahead with that author, I already have all her books, I just haven't got round to reading them yet :D

Maureen, are you celebrating my birthday all by yourself over there?!

Yep Mich - I can't do otherwise, seeing as how I am thousands of miles away! I had a tough day as well, so I am celebrating the successful ending of the working day to myself!!!

Cheers!!!

p.s. Now is the tiem when I will slur my words and get my grammar wrong!

Tash, I have just gone through almost a bottle of wine....and on an empty stomach. So who are you talking about LF or NF?

lmao jeez Maureen, I'd be flat on my back by now!!!! rofl

I was referring to Linda Fairstein therefore LF sweetie :D

• 2 months later...

I agree that Killing Me Softly is a great read, a real page-turner.......I really enjoyed it.

I believe that the film version wasn't as good (though I haven't seen it) and concentrated quite a lot on the sex scenes, of which the book didn't go into any real depth.

Overall, I would definitely recommend this book :lol:

Carole