Fringe

Michelle

Is anyone watching this? For those of you in the US, please remember you're a few weeks ahead, and here in the UK we've only seen one episode.

Anyway, we finally caught up on that first episode, and I have no idea what to think! It was very strange, but I can imagine myself getting hooked! I'll have to see how it progresses.

I've seen this advertised a lot and it looks great. It's probably the kind of show I'd love because I think it's by the same people behind Alias and Lost both of which I'm completely addicted to, however I don't have access to the channel it's shown on so unfortunately I'm missing out. At least for the time being anyway.

I've seen this advertised a lot and it looks great. It's probably the kind of show I'd love because I think it's by the same people behind Alias and Lost both of which I'm completely addicted to, however I don't have access to the channel it's shown on so unfortunately I'm missing out. At least for the time being anyway.

Same here, Karen! :17: (Roll on Oct 20th when I can finally buy the DVD of Lost 4 and see what I've been missing out on!)

• 1 month later...

Anyone watching? I find the story lines quite ridiculous, but am enjoying it just the same! There are forums out there dedicated to the whole show, and they're really into all the details, and the overall story arc.. most of which are probably passing me by! However, it's a good way to finish my weekend. :D

• 3 years later...

Nothing like resurrecting an old thread, lol.

I've become a fan of this show. I didn't know what to make of it in the first season, cos it seemed like little more than an X-Files rip-off, but I think it's found its own identity quite nicely since then. I'm not a big fan, but I make sure I watch it. Until last week I'd never rewatched a single episode, but a friend of mine had never seen it, so we watched the very first episode. I was surprised, going back to it after this long, how enjoyable it was, and how different the characters were.

Given the dearth of good sf/fantasy series these days (this one, Supernatural, Game of Thrones are the only ones I go out of my way to watch) it's a bit of a shame that Fringe always seems to be on the brink of cancellation.

I adored Season 1 and, to a lesser degree, Season 2 of this show. But after that I felt it just went insanely off the wall and gave up on it completely, which was disappointing, because up to that point I felt it had been genuinely excellent.

I've started to watch the first season on dvd this week and I'm not sure what to think of it. It's not supernatural enough, like, well Supernatural, but it's too supernatural to be like the csi type shows. Weird...

Yeah, I felt the same about season 1 until the last few episodes, which were great and - for me, at least! - started to give the show it's own identity. If the final shot of the season 1 finale doesn't grab you then you probably won't like the following seasons :smile:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I was never interested in it. Dad watches it all the time and he tried to get me to watch it but I was always going out. Went over to a friends house a few days ago and he put the very first episode for us all to watch as none of us had seen it before and since then me and my boyfriend have been hooked! :D He is well ahead of me though! Not happy! (he insisted on staying up til half 5 in the morning watching it for two days in a row so I can't watch it with him anymore as I'm always asleep by 11 and only 5 episodes into it :P)

• 1 month later...

Well that doesn't seem fair - make him watch them again!

Sadly he is up to date (he watched it all night obsessively until the early hours!) and I am only half way through season 3. I like to take it slow, I am enjoying it too much! I just like things to last a bit :P Annoyingly he got into 24 soon after Fringe and is now on the last season of 24...is it really so bad that I originally posted we started watching Fringe in March and now a month later he is up to date and almost completed 24?!?!

In other news, I am very very happy that Fringe has been renewed for season 5! Although that will be the last season and it will only be 13 episodes I am very happy that I can still get my Peter Bishop fix for another year...

• 9 months later...