Christopher Pike

Horrorfan

I have one Christopher Pike trilogy - The Party/The Dance/The Graduation. I've only read it once when I was a lot younger but I didn't find it scary, it was more like a sort of murder mystery for me. Didn't think they were bad, but didn't think they were that great - entertaining literature :blush:

I remember reading one of Christopher Pike's books years ago. It was called Chain Letter, and although the details are vague, I can still remember the ending. I recall that I enjoyed it a lot, but for the life of me, I can't remember why I didn't buy more books by him.

• 1 year later...
I remember reading one of Christopher Pike's books years ago. It was called Chain Letter, and although the details are vague, I can still remember the ending. I recall that I enjoyed it a lot, but for the life of me, I can't remember why I didn't buy more books by him.

Chain Letter is an absolutely superb book. The ending is the best part. What I love about the book overall is (MAJOR spoilers)-

that it's so human. In the end, it's not a omniscient malevolvent force watching them all and inexplicably doing all these horrible things - it all just comes down to the bitterness of one messed up kid who got the short straw in life. You can almost understand why he did it, and almost feel sorry for him, because he's not a bad guy, not really. He's one of my favourite fictional characters, actually, Neil is.

• 3 weeks later...