New to reading; would love help with what to read :)

Have you read the Harry Potter books? They are quite easy to read.

How about a bit of Terry Pratchett for some light humour fantasy? The series starts with the colour of magic but book 4 Mort was always my favourite (and doesn't require reading the first 3)

As for sci fi I loved ChildHoods End by arthur C Clarke, I probably read it in my late teens.

Another of my all time faves is Watership down by Richard Adams

Good luck - I hope you find something to enjoy.

If you enjoy fantasy, you might like to try Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. :) And if you like those, you might also like Neil Gaiman (try the one he wrote with Terry Pratchett - Good Omens - and then have a look at his other work too).

Well, you're in the right place for browsing books, that's for sure. Many threads of reviews, comments...check everything out! I always suggest my favs to people: Fighting Reuben Wolfe, by Markus Zusak is one of the most memorable books I've read. I also enjoyed INEXCUSABLE by _ Lynch.( name escapes me ) ANyway, read about those on amazon and see if they appeal to you. If not, happy h unting here at the forum!

If you like a bit of science fiction then anything by Isaac Asimov or Arthur C Clarke would be a good start.

I'd particularly recommend their short story collections. I'd go for 'Gold', Asimov's final short story collection.

Or maybe Anthony Horowitz's Alex Rider series - a different kind of teenage spy book.

Also, a trilogy by Stephen Bowkett called Ice, Storm and Thaw, set in a world far into the future after an ice age.

I'd also recommend the Discworld series by Terry Pratchett.

I can think of several I would personally recommend but as I've posted about them several times, I will instead suggest that you check all the Reading Logs (including mine of course - :)), and Reviews you can find. Between this and other forums I've found, my wish list of books to locate and read has gotten HUGE! Also, just a tip - when I find a book who's title interests me, but there isn't much information listed in the post, I Google it to find more out about the storyline, author and related reviews from others who have read it. Then I copy and paste the information I want into my personal wish list document.

• 2 months later...