Reading? What a waste of time...

Colin Jacobs

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reading is so underrated these days and I really don't understand it, I've loved books ever since I was a very little girl and so I guess I was lucky my family always gave me lots of books instead of shoving me in front of a tv. I think i would feel very unfulfilled in my life without books, and like other people have said, if things are bad in your real living situation, it can be a bit of a breather to escape into a fictional world for a while.

Fictional worlds are a huge escape for me. I love getting lost in them.

I've read ever since I was tiny, as well. My parents bought my brother and I not very subtle books like the 'Tell Me Why' series haha. I used think all kids got nerdy sciencey books at christmas. And my mum used always bring me home library books, some of the best kids books I've read were ones she picked out for me or my brother, like The Castle In The Attic. ^_____^

Reading is so underrated these days and I really don't understand it, I've loved books ever since I was a very little girl and so I guess I was lucky my family always gave me lots of books instead of shoving me in front of a tv. I think i would feel very unfulfilled in my life without books, and like other people have said, if things are bad in your real living situation, it can be a bit of a breather to escape into a fictional world for a while.

I couldn't have said it better myself! I love how you can escape into the world of the characters and 'live' as someone else for a few hours. I try and explain to my boyfriend what it's like and he just looks at me like I've lost the plot. I'm glad someone else understands :D

I couldn't have said it better myself! I love how you can escape into the world of the characters and 'live' as someone else for a few hours. I try and explain to my boyfriend what it's like and he just looks at me like I've lost the plot. I'm glad someone else understands :)

Yeah my BF is the same :D

My best friend is a guy, who I adore utterly.

He despises vampires, and I think a little part of him died when I joined team Edward along with his girlfriend.

He never stops going on about how much he hates Edward.

Edward Cullen.

Sexier than you since 1901.