Twilight by Stephanie Meyer - your favourite characters and why

Alexander

I really like Jacob now. I didnt like him in the books but after seeing him in the movie I may have been converted to Team Jacob!

I know what you mean. I hated him in the books, but he came accross as quite likeable in the film. I wouldn't say that I am in Team Jacob yet though!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have to agree that they made him more likeable in the films; I guess to appeal to the viewers. I'm still not on his team but he seemed more caring in the film, not so persistent, desperate and just irritating in the book

I was definitely Team Jacob by the end of the series as I just found Edward a bit dull and soppy (please don't throw anything at me!!) After seeing the movie I'm even more Team Jacob. It's probably down to the whole 'Taylor Lautner in the rain.......half naked!' element of the movie :)

My change in heart largely came down to the complete inbility of R. Patt to act. Lautner really put a serious amount of work into this movie.

Like I say, I need to re-read the books, then I'll decide which rendition I like better and therefore which side I'm on.

I was dreading the Jacob parts. I was thinking, 'God I hated this book, why am I even bothering?' I despised Jacob. I had no time at ALL for that boy.

Then, by the time Alice turned up in the movie I was like NO NO NO GO AWAY. WANT MORE JAKE. So we'll see.

Also, Taylor has way buffed up and man is he haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwt.

My favourite characters are Jacob and Jasper (not to mention that Jackson Rathbone is the most handsome boy ever :irked:).

Jacob is more sincere than Edward, I think (but in the first place, when I was 14, I obviously fell in love with Edward :D), and he's more interesting in my opinion. Not clinging on Bella all the time to finally say "ok I have to go now".

And Jasper has the most interesting story (although I can't remember it cause it's been a long time since I read it -_-'), and I found really relevant that he was the one who couldn't control himself, and that his power was to... control emotions.

Jasper was

a Texan soldier recruited to aid in the training and discipline of mini-armies of newborns during the southern vampire wars during the 1860's-ish. He was good for the job because he had military training, but his power as you said, was to control emotions - which also involves feeling the emotions of everyone he killed as they died. This developed a compassion within him for human lives and he left his 'sire' I suppose you'd call her, and went with his friends Peter and Charlotte to test out the vegetarian way of life. Alice found him shortly after in Philadelphia, and they went to seek out Carlise.

Another favourite character: Seth Clearwater. I love the absence of prejudice in his youthful innocence - he easily befriends Edward and is then quick to stick up for what he believes is right, irrespective of species. Being an enthusiastic young kid works in his favour too - he's sweet.

A kid called Boo Boo Stewart (who is really cute) will be playing him in Eclipse and Breaking Dawn, so I'm looking forward to seeing him.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

I'm with you Sheeta, Jackson Rathbone is amazing. So Jasper's a clear favourite :) and his story is one of the most interesting ones as well.

Rosalie is another favourite, I've spent hours defending her actions and thoughts and now I really feel for her. I wish she had more backflash scenes in Eclipse.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm on New Moon atm - but I've seen all 3 movies - and from a movie stand point, I like Rosalie and Alice. from a book standpoint - as much as I've read there hasn't been much of either of them :/ so I unno - I'll have to repost later when I'm done the series. :/ but...

from the movie stand point - Wolf pack vs. Vampires - I'm team Wolf - they're just so much cooler. for characters - Wolf pack / Paul & Sam | for vampires - Alice and Rosalie <3

• 2 weeks later...