The Silver Bear by Derek Haas

Oh wow.. hi, and thanks! :blush: Your book was sent to me to review via NewBooksMag, and it's not the sort of thing I would have picked up, but it hooked me, and I really enjoyed me.

I have no idea who NewBooksMag is, but I'm glad the novel grabbed you enough to read it. My UK publisher, Hodder, is pushing the release back to April of '09, although libraries and export/airport trade paperbacks are out this week.

The book debuted here in the States a couple of weeks ago. It's exciting for me now that people are reading it. Very different than having a film out.

I believe there will be an ad in the NYT book review section this Sunday. Not sure about a review there yet.

Anyway, thanks again for the nice words and I'm delighted you enjoyed it.

If anyone has any questions for me, feel free to ask, and I'll do my best to answer. I'm new to the board here, but I think it's a great site and I like the way you've organized it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi everyone.

I just wanted to let you know the paperback release in England for THE SILVER BEAR is two weeks from today. I learned from the good people at Hodder that two big supermarkets will be carrying the book: Tesco and Asda.

Thanks so much for the support from the members here... you guys have been terrific. I've enjoyed the PM exchanges. And thanks again for the lovely review Michelle.

In other news, the sequel is finished as of this week and will be out late this year in the states, though I'm not sure when Hodder has planned for its release in the UK. I know they are putting excerpts from it in the back of the paperback edition, so the UK market will get the first glimpse of the second book.

Okay... thanks again. Look for it on March 6th. I'm also going to try to get to London to sign books this summer... so I'll keep everyone posted on that.