Flowersarah's Reading List/Blog

flowersarah

I never really liked Keyes, don't know why...

What's with all the Babylon's? Sounds odd.

I did find Can You Keep a Secret? funny, which was a positive surprise after the Shopaholic series.

I never really liked Keyes, don't know why...

What's with all the Babylon's? Sounds odd.

I did find Can You Keep a Secret? funny, which was a positive surprise after the Shopaholic series.

Hotel Babylon is a brilliant book. I loved it. Very funny. And as I enjoyed that one so much I figured I'd try the others.

You didn't like the Shopaholics series?

I've heard interesting things about Hotel Babylon. It's just odd that there's Babylon in every title. Like she hit big with Hotel Babylon and now wants to cash in with the name. So, just odd...

I found Shopaholic books very repetitive and boring. And this from a real life shopaholic (I spent an absolutely ridicilous amount of money today to a pair of boots I most likely never wear anywhere, simply because they were absolutely gorgeous and I fell in love with them. Then again, who wouldn't fall in love with Sergio Rossi over-the-knee lace-up lace-and-tulle stiletto heel boots, huh?). The character, Beccy was it, doesn't develop, the story just repeats itself over and over again. Plus she was very annoying and silly in my mind.

Each to their own. Would be boring if we all liked the same things :lol:

Exactly! Without different opinions, there would be no point in discussions.

Have you read the Devil Wears Prada? Given how much you like shopping (I assume from your comment abour Radley bags, which, by the way, for some reason I've never really liked. Again, different tastes and all that. I'm sure they have nice things, they have just not hit me.) this could be a good read for you.

Exactly! Without different opinions, there would be no point in discussions.

Have you read the Devil Wears Prada? Given how much you like shopping (I assume from your comment abour Radley bags, which, by the way, for some reason I've never really liked. Again, different tastes and all that. I'm sure they have nice things, they have just not hit me.) this could be a good read for you.

Absolutely! :lol:

I do have a soft spot for Radley. Some are nicer than others.

I haven't read The Devil Wears Prada, sadly. I've watched the film (and loved it) but I can't watch a film and then read the book - it has to be the other way around. That's why I've not watched PS I Love you because I want to read the book first. I have another book on my "to read pile" by the same author of Devil Wears Prada, though.

flowersarah, I definitely recommend you read PS I Love You before you see the movie. Just saw the movie this past week and the book was soooo much better than the movie.

As for The Devil Wears Prada, I HATED the book, but enjoyed the movie.

Edited by bookworm44

I much prefered the book when it comes to DWP. Meryl Streep was good, but not as good as I expected her to be (the script didn't really let her rip) and the clothes were nice. Other than that, the movie was very very bad.

And I hope it's not Chasing Harry Winston you've got in your pile, I was bitterly disappointed with it (I wrote about it in my book blog/list)...