Panic by Jeff Abbott

Evan Casher, who makes films, has a telephone call from his mum, she needs him to visit her straight away, it's over 2 hours away, but there is an urgency there that he cannot refuse. So begins his great adventure: Who works for the CIA? Who are the baddies and who are the good guys? Where does Carrie (his girlfriend) fit into all this?

This is an absolutely fantastic read, you never quite know where it's going to head next. I was wondering if I was going to enjoy the book initially as I had seen some low ratings, but I'm glad that didn't deter me. It was totally wonderful escapism. I enjoyed Evan as a character and enjoyed seeing him grow in his travels deeper into the world of espionage.

This is well worth a read, especially anyone who enjoys a light espionage thriller.

I have read this but I honestly cannot remember if I finished the book liking it or not! How strange! Looking back I have memories if it being an enjoyable read so I will add to loopys recommendation lol!

Thank you! :gl:

I've decided to review books I read now so that I keep on top of what I have enjoyed, otherwise I find I can forget books quite quickly, unless they have a real effect on me, but then I can sometimes be just left with the feeling and not much knowledge of what the book is about.

Thank you! :gl:

I've decided to review books I read now so that I keep on top of what I have enjoyed, otherwise I find I can forget books quite quickly, unless they have a real effect on me, but then I can sometimes be just left with the feeling and not much knowledge of what the book is about.

This is one of the reasons I like doing a review. I actually type it up first and save it in Word in a special folder before I transfer it to here. I too used to forget books as soon as I had read them and this helps a lot.

:D Sorry folks - I really didnt like this book :) Too much happening too fast - it was a bit far fetched for me.

I have to say I tend to suspend belief and roll with the flow of the book and enjoy it as pure escapism. I believe my daughter would agree with you though - she says if it can't happen in real life then it's not worth reading! (Getting her to read anything is a chore though - unfortunately!)

Good job we dont all like the same books :)

Yes that's very true - it would put an awful lot of authors out of business!:D

This is one of the reasons I like doing a review. I actually type it up first and save it in Word in a special folder before I transfer it to here. I too used to forget books as soon as I had read them and this helps a lot.

I do exactly the same! :lol:

Hubby's had this on his 'to read' pile for about 696 years! :lol: