Niranjan's list to read

niranjan

Some books that I would like to buy and read for remaining half of year

Hungry tide by Amitav ghosh

Count of monte-cristo by Alexander Dumas

Anna carenina by Leo Tolstoy

Three Mistakes of my life by Chetan Bhagat

To kill a mockingbird by Harper Lee

To Kill a Mocking Bird is one of my all-time favourite books, every few years I like to reread it, just to experience the magic all over again.

I am currently reading Anna Karenina, and loving it, it is one of the most stunningly beautiful novels that I have ever read. It has taken me awhile to plough through this one, as it is quite long.

Like the others, I loved To Kill A Mockingbird. I've read it a couple of times and can't put it down. It is such a beautiful book. Highly recommended.

Just finished reading Great Expectations by Charles Dickens. It is a very good book.

In starting young Pip encounters a convict near his town who demands food and other things from him. Pip fulfills his demand but convict is eventually caught quarelling with another convict. Some time later he is invited uptown to play with Estella who is miss Havisham's daughter. After these curious incidents he is suddenly supplied with lots of money by unknown benefactor to make him a 'gentleman'. Story proceeds with pips London stay and shocking discoveries of his life.

The style of writing from the eyes of young boy. Change in his perspective by change in environment and his becoming gentleman are very effectively captured.

All in all must read for all!

Just finished Old man and the sea by Ernst Hemingway. Very good book. Although I had read the marathi translation before, the reading english book was a great experience.

Just realized that I am diverting more and more from my original reading list. Got a new Jules Vern omnibus today and I'll start Twenty thousand leagues under the sea from tomorrow.

Just finished Old man and the sea by Ernst Hemingway. Very good book. Although I had read the marathi translation before, the reading english book was a great experience.

Just realized that I am diverting more and more from my original reading list. Got a new Jules Vern omnibus today and I'll start Twenty thousand leagues under the sea from tomorrow.

The Old Man and the Sea is a wonderful book, I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm a bit of a Hemingway fan, I love his simplistic writing style. If your interested in reading more Hemingway, may I suggest A Farwell to Arms, it is my most favourite of his work.

• 3 weeks later...
I am reading To kill a mockingbird now and till now it has been awesome. I just can't figure out how I did not read it for so many years...

I was the same - I read it for the first time last year (aged 41!) and I wonder why I didn't give it a go before. :lol:

• 3 weeks later...