Sinema The Northumberland Massacre

Weave

Title of book: Sinema – The Northumberland Massacre

Author: Rod Glenn

ISBN-10: 1600471560

ISBN-13: 978-1600471568

Synopsis:

A winter's tale with a sting.

There's a newcomer to the small Northumberland village of Haydon...a charming novelist and film buff, researching a crime thriller about a serial killer on a rampage in a remote Northumberland community. The only trouble is, it's a work in progress and it's going to be non-fiction.

392 innocent men, women and children stand in his way to achieving a sadistic dream.

As the worst winter in more than a century approaches, can two investigating police officers trapped with the terrorised residents stop this monster?

41jfCFQMXBL_SS500_.jpg

It’s a well known fact that the song ‘Sympathy for the devil’ by The Rolling Stones was inspired by the book ‘The Master and Margarita’ by Mikhail Bulgakov. I can honestly say after reading ‘Sinema’ by Rod Glenn, I think Mick Jagger might reconsider, believe me, Behemoth has nothing on Han Whitman.

‘Sinema’ tells the story of Hannibal ‘Han’ Whitman, enthusiastic movie goer, a friendly and happy go lucky kind of man and homicidal maniac but you can not help but like him which was the hardest part about the book, all the village members liked and accepted Han and the fact that he is planning their demise makes it hard reading but compulsive reading.

Han Whitman is not a complicated character which sounds odd considering his ‘dream’ but he is very clear on what he wants to do and how he is going to do it, never blaming anyone, he does what he wants to do, a mass murderer without an excuse, its quite refreshing on some level, on other levels even more disturbing.

A great read but an unsettling one, but that to me is the sign of a good book, it stays with you for a long time and this book really does stay with you.

Rating: 10/10

• 4 weeks later...

And I don't believe my teach when he says more reading can make you spell better...

Brilliant Review - heard of ciao? :)

You get money for posting reviews on there, and the pennies you get add up (it's decided on what people rate and views). Other ciao users can also comment on your reviews, like on here :cry2:

• 2 months later...

Synopsis from Amazon

A winter's tale with a sting. There's a newcomer to the small Northumberland village of Haydon . a charming novelist and film buff, researching a crime thriller about a serial killer on a rampage in a remote Northumberland community. The only trouble is, it's a work in progress and it's going to be non-fiction. 392 innocent men, women and children stand in his way to achieving a sadistic dream. As the worst winter in more than a century approaches, can two investigating police officers trapped with the terrorised residents stop this monster?

My Thoughts

Wow! A terrifying blood and gore thriller that will really give the reader pause for thought