Will Adams

Anyone read anything of this new author? I wasn't sure if i should post this here on in the history section. His novels are all set in modern day but all deal heavily on history and specifically ancient history. However his books are mainly adventure thrillers so they can go here fine.

I'm currently reading the Alexander Cipher which is his first novel. See below.

n246180.jpg

"Non stop adventure and death defying chases in Will Adam's outstanding debut novel. It's 318 BC in the deserts of Libya, and Alexander the Great is buried as only a God should be, placed in a golden Sarcophagus in a catacomb of chambers, each packed with diamonds, rubies and gold. This was how he should have remained, but time waits for no-one. 2007 and underwater archaeologist Daniel Knox has been on the trail of Alexander's Gold ever since he can remember. When a tomb is uncovered on the construction site of a new hotel he believes he has found a clue to what he has been working towards for years. But the discovery has alerted two of the most dangerous men in the world, and Daniel is now a marked man."

I've just finished the Alexander Cipher today. It's a brilliant story, with many greatly developed characters that intertwine to make a gripping story that centres around the treasure and body of Alexander the Great, the history surrounding him, but so much more. It's a fantastic read. Anyone intrested in history, or just wants a great action packed read should go out and get this. For a debut novel it's fantastic.

I've also just read about this second novel, The Exodus Quest. See below.

n272771.jpg

"On the trail of a Dead Sea Scroll, Daniel Knox finds himself at an excavation just outside Alexandria, where an evangelical Christian archaeologist has just discovered an undeclared Jewish Temple. Knox takes photographs and sends them to his partner Gaille. Moments later Knox’s jeep is forced of the road killing his friend and head of the SCA - Omar.

Meanwhile in Egypt, Gaille is baby-sitting a television documentary crew. When she receives Dan’s pictures she quickly realises that one of them has a link to the Copper Scroll, one of the Dead Sea Scrolls. But more importantly the link is also attached to the one time Pharaoh Akheneaten in Amarana – the very place the crew are filming. Whilst following up the connections Gaille unwittingly draws the attention of Khaled a tomb robber and army officer. Khaled soon realises that Gaille has what he wants and suddenly she and the television crew are in mortal danger from a greedy and deranged individual.

Back in Alexandria Knox is under investigation for the murder of his colleague and then sees a broadcast showing a kidnapped Gaille. It's obvious only to him that Gaille is trying to send him a coded message but Knox is now imprisoned and Gaille's time is running out. What's worse, a new and even more dangerous foe is about to make its mark…"

Edited by Jordan