Need a book- can anyone suggest?

Hello all. A good friend of mine recently qualified as a psycologist and I'd like to buy him a gift. He is a BIG fan of crime novels, favouring Patricia Cornwell but reading anything, so I wondered if anyone knew of any crime novels starring a psycologist/psychiatrist? Preferably not a CRIMINAL psycologist consultant- I'm looking for a professional that gets embroiled in the crime through no fault of their own. Anyone know of anything like this? I know it would be an unsual way to welcome him to his new profession but I know he'd actually like it. lol

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I thought it was a long shot but just wondered if anyone here had on the oof chance had come across anything like it! It's no big deal- just thought it would have been unusual. But I know of a lovely (expensive but very hardwearing- just that sort he'll need when writing up all his patient notes!) pen he'd love so I'll get that and present it to him at drinks after his 1st day!