A book on friendship?

Hello people~ a tough question from a noobie, help me out here. So I'm trying buy a close friend a book on what i means to be a real friend since he obviously doesn't know how to be one. I'm sure there's a whole lot of fiction books out there that's centered around true friendship and all but I'm really trying to find a nonfiction book, sorta like a guildline? lol. A humorous (sacastic?) b-day present I guess. But I guess a meaningful fiction book would be nice as well. Advice anyone? thx~

Every year there's a new edition comes out of The Friendship Book by Francis Gay (it's an annual of sorts), which has a thought for every day of the year. I've never actually read it myself, but my Grandma has been collecting them for most of her adult life. I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but that immediately sprang to mind when I read "book on what it means to be a real friend"

Yes it's a new book every year with completely different things in it. It's pretty much a thought or poem or wee story for each day of the year and they change them each year, so you could get the one for 2008 for your friend.

Every year there's a new edition comes out of The Friendship Book by Francis Gay (it's an annual of sorts), which has a thought for every day of the year. I've never actually read it myself, but my Grandma has been collecting them for most of her adult life. I don't know if it's what you're looking for, but that immediately sprang to mind when I read "book on what it means to be a real friend"

I was bought a couple of these Friendship books in the 70s:D

• 2 weeks later...

They have a manual on how to be a good friend...crazy