Bringing back memories

I'm currently reading Tim Lott's book 'Rumours of a Hurricane' and I love it. Never mind the literary style which is wonderful, it is giving me such wonderful euphoric recall of my political activity in those days.

So far these are some of the things he has helped me to remember from the Thatcher years:

Double Diamond beer

Spam

Shiny tracksuits

Capstan cigarettes

Bus conductor's

Triumph Toledo's

Kenneth Kendall

Anti-Nazi League

The 'Pina Colada' song

Tuf boots

LP's

.. I could go on.

The point I am talking about here is more of a question. Are you fellow readers the same as me? Do you like to read books that go back to important times in your life and have them landmarked with little memories like those above?

If you are, what were the memories and what was the book?

I read a really good book set in the 60s -cant remember the name but the story invloved a young hippy settin up a clothes shop in Carnaby Street - i was of course too young to appreciate the 60s but have always been interested in that era:tong:

When I read the Ingo series by Helen Dunmore, I see myself in Devon/Cornwall, where the books are set. I could go on, I have a lot of books with my memories.

Black Swan Green by David Mitchell was set about when I was teenager. That reminded me of loads of stuff when I was the same age. I think his character was a tad older than me but all the stuff was familiar to me. A great read for any teenager of the 80s.