Breadmaker ?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Bumping up an old thread to get some up to date opinions. :) Beth has had a few attempts at rolls, and she's gotten rather good. However, the process is quite time consuming, and she's been asking about bread makers. Does anyone use them, and are the cheaper ones ok?

I use our BM regularly, I have a Panasonic one which is widely perceived to the the best BM brand. I make all sorts of bread, including seeded, malt loaf and at least once a week homemade pizza, if it broke tomorrow I'd be straight out to buy another one.. :)

We use ours all the time, we eat homemade bread every day pretty much. It's quite fun to do and tastes better than supermarket bread. Our breadmaker can also just prepare dough, we use that function sometimes too for making a bread in a different shape, ie. rolls or Easter bread. If you're interested I can go check which one we have, although coming from the Netherlands, I don't know if they sell this one in the UK or what's the best one in the UK. The one we have had very good reviews. Before this one, we had another two but they both broke down (from a different brand). We've been making homemade bread (or well, breadmaker bread) for a long time.