Waterstone's In-Store Magazine 'Books Quarterly'

Janet

Never read the magazine, so will get it when I'm next in Waterstone's with my loyalty card (which has under £1 on - does that matter?).

Is the magazine "proper" or just a like one of those Netto leaflets you get through the door?

It doesn't matter how much (or little!) you have on the card.

It's a proper, glossy, magazine. This quarter's is 98 pages long. It has adverts, but they're mostly book related and there aren't 100s.

I think it's really good anyway. :readingtwo:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Is the loyalty card like a credit/store card? Or like a Boots card?

Like a Boots card. ;)

They did it as a trial in our area for three months and the rolled it out nationwide in September 2007.

I love Waterstone's. I just adore the smell and atmosphere of it!

That's good to know that people have gotten the magazine without buying anything else. The couple of times that I've gotten the magazine I've always bought a book or two, as I've felt guilty about going up to the cash desk and claiming my free magazine.

• 7 months later...

Does anyone know if Waterstone's Books Quarterly is going to go online in addition to the print edition? I thought I read something about that in my last issue of the magazine months ago, but I haven't seen anything on the Waterstone's site yet. Are they still doing fun, timely articles? I haven't seen one in months as there's no Waterstone's where I live....Thanks for the information!