Favourite bad guys/good guys?

Ooh, I think my favourite Good Guy has to be Stu Redman from The Stand by Stephen King - I adore him! He's just one of those all-round nice guys who stands up for what he believes in, but doesn't shout about it. A man of few words indeed.

Favourite Bad Guy, well it's a duo actually - Valmont and Merteuil from Les Liaisons Dangereuses by Choderlos de Laclos - they're both just so nasty yet charming, and spend their time whiling away their boredom by ruining people's lives...

Well, Mr. Stark, your name is the same as my favorite villain, George Stark from The Dark Half, my favorite Stephen King book after The Stand. ;) I know he's evil, but at the same time, his motivation is only to survive, just like the rest of us.

My favorite good guy is Sam Gamgee from The Lord of the Rings. I also like Bilbo in The Hobbit. My favorite heroes and heroines are always simple, honest, and funny. Another favorite is Aloysius Pendergast from the novels by Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child. He's a brilliant FBI agent who never fails t surprise me!! :readingtwo:

... and Iago from Othello, who is so bad that he's so good! :)

That is SO true! He's one of the best characters Shakespeare ever wrote (at least I think so!).

I really like Othello, i was doing RichardIII in school, but i read Othello before in my own time and it really helped because i understood the Proper English he wrote in. It also helped me with the structure of Shakespeare's plays.

Thinking about doing Richard III reminded me how much i hated Michael Henchard, in the Mayor of Casterbridge. I felt neither pity or sympathy with the character. Off topic, but in my eyes he was a pretty good bad guy.