Dr Who Series 4

Michelle

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to Moffatt being in charge, as some of my favourite stories have been his (Blink, The Girl in the Fireplace, the one with the kids wearing gas masks).

I forgot to say yesterday that I too loved the Daleks speaking German! I think they were even more scary than Daleks speaking English! The Daleks have always been my favourite baddies and the only ones that really scared me when I was a child.

Can someone answer me this? The prophecy "everlasting death for the most faithful companion" got me very worried that someone was going to die. But everyone survived didn't they? So who/what does this refer to? Or did I miss something?

Louise - how could you go and put the tea on for the last ten minutes?!!

I pretty sure it was meant to mean "death" for Donna, in that she went back to being her pre-doctor herself. I do think that alot of fans, including myself, were a bit put out by that.. I appreciate it's a family show, but don't put so much emphasis on someone dying, if it's not going to happen.

He's done it before, with Rose.. "This is how I died." actually meant that she "died" in our world, but lived in the parellel world.. but that did actually make sense. This time round, it really was a cop out!

Ah thanks, I was thinking that it meant Donna and was more metaphorical. I'm glad it wasn't literal and no-one close to the Doctor died (it was depressing enough!).

Yes, especially as I read that there'll be the Xmas special, then 3 specials in 2009, and then David Tennant will be leaving!!! :gl:

I think what I said was just rumour... at least I hope so! DT does strike me as the kind of guy who'll say that he doesn't want to get typecast, and is keen to try new projects. I hope he stays.

I do think that they're hoping he'll carry on..

However, Tennant's long-term future as the Time Lord remains uncertain. He will star in a Doctor Who Christmas special this year and another three specials next year, but is not confirmed for the next full series of the show, scheduled for 2010.

The series has been postponed so that the star, who is the tenth actor to feature in the role, can take to the stage to play Hamlet with the Royal Shakespeare Company.

Link

Glad I found this thread. Loved the last episode a lot! :tong:

I know that the Dalek's aren't gone, apparently, they were working on a new breed of them in Italy or somewere, and there was one that didn't die because he wasn't connected to davro's genetic genes. Well that's what I heard anyway. (:

And if Davros wasn't leading the Dalek's, who was? We never found out. I think The Master. icon_cool.gif

I'm also glad about Rose and The Doctor as well. It's about time something good happened to her. Another funny thing is, I was talking to my friend at school after the penultimate episode, and we thought that the two members of the Torchwood team would die. And I said that I wasn't surprised that they didn't have better defences. And then look at that.. they come out with a time-lock-bubble. Brilliant. icon_smile.gif RTD will be missed in my opinion, great writer. :006:

Hmm still. Didn't seem so special to me. Lol.. I think the master is back in the christmas special, and I don't think the prophecy has been fulfilled yet. :tong:

Trivia from today's paper: Russell T Davies saying that the Doctor won't regenerate into a woman when DT leaves, because he wants to spare dads having to explain to their kids about the, er, change in genitalia. :tong:

He should go find ace, she was much better than the new companions. She blew stuff up and hit darleks with a baseball bat. Thats hardcore.

Lol. Like this --->:tong:

I don't think the prophecy has been fulfilled yet. :006:

ooh, good point. I thought it might be Sarah-Jane, cuz the most faithful companion bit...but I dunno. She said she didn't want to/think she would come back. But then so did Billie Piper. I did think it was odd if they meant the Time Lord bit of Donna.

Trivia from today's paper: Russell T Davies saying that the Doctor won't regenerate into a woman when DT leaves, because he wants to spare dads having to explain to their kids about the, er, change in genitalia. :tong:

ooh goody. Though I still don't believe a word that man says, they've got to number 10 without having a woman and it'd just be stupid now. They wanted to regenerate him into a woman, fine, but they needed to start by number 2 or 3.

He should go find ace, she was much better than the new companions. She blew stuff up and hit darleks with a baseball bat. Thats hardcore.

Hell yeah! Ace rocks! "I'm hungry! Lack of food makes me hungry!"

He won't regenerate into a woman - because he's male. No other timelord has changed gender when regenerating, why should he? The rani never became a man and the master never a woman and they have all died enough to test the theory.