Dr Who Series 4

Michelle

That was excellent stuff.. I loved the humour dotted through it! :D What is happening with the regeneration? Apparently there are photos of two doctors, so does something go wrong? Dalek Cann was fantastic - a totally insane dalek! :)

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suppose a 9 year old has some excuse - don't know what mine is! No, I didn't cry, but I'm feeling very depressed. (Yes, I know it's just a TV programme.) I just hope there's some loophole where he regenerates into... David Tennant!

Well, as I said, there have been photos of two doctors; someone has said that having his hand in close proximity might stop him changing during the regeneration; there's also the fact that they're a second ahead whilst in the medusa cascade.. maybe things change when they come out?

I have however, said to my daughter that IF David is leaving, I shall SOB! People have been posting photos of the filming of the Christmas special though, with him in it - surely they wouldn't go THAT far to pretend he's staying on??

As for Donna, there has been talk on forums about her being a timelord (lady?). I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, because the fob watch thing has been done twice before.. but going by how excited I got when I heard the drumming, I actually think I would love it! :)

As for Donna, there has been talk on forums about her being a timelord (lady?). I wasn't sure how I would feel about it, because the fob watch thing has been done twice before.. but going by how excited I got when I heard the drumming, I actually think I would love it! :)

According to threads on Digital Spy...

people are talking about her name and her job as a temp (which is mentioned every ep.)

In latin, Donna Noble Temp is: Lady Lord Time.

But, if true, it assumes that it was always their intention to keep Donna on, even when she was only meant to be in The Runaway Bride, so who knows!

I'm not really sure where you two are going.. gutted because of the episode, or gutted because it's ended? Views are mixed on the digital spy forum, that's for sure.

I'm going to say that I really enjoyed it.. the scene with Rose could have been quite sickly, but there was that feeling that she wasn't quite convinced, and she didn't have her doctor.

I found the scene very emotional when Davros was pointing out that although the doctor was ant-violence, many people involved with him had died.

The ending with Donna was also sad.. she has really changed and grown during her time with him, and she loved the travelling so much. And now, it's all gone, and she's back to her old life.

And of course, there was the naked David! :gl:

I'm not really sure where you two are going.. gutted because of the episode, or gutted because it's ended? Views are mixed on the digital spy forum, that's for sure.

Gutted because of the episode! Though now you mention it, gutted because it was the last one too.

I just feel so, so sad about Donna. The way she'd done so much, been the most important woman in the universe, saved the universe at least twice... and now she's back to her old, humdrum life, without knowing just how great she was/could be. How will she achieve her potential now? Chances are, she won't. :D

Still, as my mum pointed out, she seemed happy in her old life. Also, I guess it would be worse for her if she remembered everything but could never go back to it. But the bit where she begged the Doctor not to wipe her mind... And the bit at the end where she didn't know him and dismissed him casually as some stranger... And then where the Doctor was alone in the Tardis... *sob!*

Conversely, Rose's (second) goodbye didn't affect me in the slightest, even though I was in floods of tears when she first got separated from the Doctor. I just had no emotional attachment to her this time, and her lisping voice was really getting on my bloody wick. :D

On the plus side, the Doctor "regenerated" into David Tennant! Two David Tennants!! One of them briefly naked!!! (Although the camera angle was a little too high for my liking.) :gl:

I don't really understand why the Doctor is always reluctant to kill - he castigated his other self for getting rid of the Daleks, but surely it had to be done? They were going to destroy every other lifeform in all the worlds! Surely a timelord would see that it was necessary to save everything else?

Anyway, it was a good episode, but I found lots of it very sad. :( And now I'll have to wait until Xmas for more David Tennant. :( :(

On the plus side, the Doctor "regenerated" into David Tennant! Two David Tennants!! One of them briefly naked!!! (Although the camera angle was a little too high for my liking.) :gl:

That's just what I said about the camera! :D

The Donna stuff was great, and yes, Rose has been annoying!

wow, I'm glad I avoided this thread!! I've developed a sudden alergic reaction to spoilers, so I've been avoiding this thread like the plague for the last few weeks! Good job too, because reading back I see that there were a fair few.

Basically, I LOVED THE LAST THREE!!

Aww it was dead sweet that the *sort of* Doctor and Rose got a happy ending, but heartbreaking for the proper Doctor. I LOVED the German daleks! This Davros is the best I've seen so far (and I've seen a fair few of them). I adore dalek Caan's insane laugh and waving tentacles. :D I kept doing it all week! (actually, it's in my msn name :gl:)

Errm...what else...Sad that Donna can't remember...Can't think of anything I have to say...If I think of anything I'll come back.

Cybermen at Christmas! Can't wait!

teehee :gl:

BTW I'll just add; so glad that they didn't have a preview of this week last week. Previews really get on my nerves; you're thinking "oh no, they're all gonna die! No, wait, they get in that trouble, so they must survive".

I'm pretty sure that anything that could be considered a 'spoiler' was tagged?

I have a Dalek Cann .wav on my pc for when my email comes in - makes me smile every time! LOL

I have to say though, I'm not so keen on the idea of cybermen yet again.

I think we all know that a thread about a show as exciting as this may reveal some tasters, and like Laramie said its easier if you don't want to know anything not to look at all (specially because I can never resist looking at spoiler tags:lol:)

Last night could not follow last weeks I felt a bit anti climaxy I had to put the tea on for the last ten minutes so missed the Donna bit but was sad, think that was the saddest bit in that she had changed so much since she had travelled with D, Bernard Cribbens just made me weep, felt so sorry for the the doctor. Loved the Mickey and Jack relationship and when Donna kept asking Jack to hug her, as usual funny as well as moving!

I like the Cybermen.

I think it's very hard making a two part finale.. part one builds up so many things, then leaves everyone waiting for a week.. in which time everyone comes up with their own ideas, rumours etc - I think it's almost impossible to live up to it.

I've just watched it again this morning, and enjoyed it - the bit with Donna seemed even more sad. :gl:

I was a little annoyed that they were using the daleks as a finale again, but at least there was davros too. I think it's a bit stupid to keep using them as a finale, because it's not giving other monsters/villains/aliens a chance at becoming a real legend. The ones in the finale are always remembered the best.

Yes, but to a lot of people, the daleks are such an integral part of Doctor Who. Remembering that this was RTD's last finale, I think it was quite fitting that we had the 'biggest', most well known enemies. :gl:

I have a feeling that when Moffatt takes over, it will be a rather different type of programme, without so many of the big enemies, and many more 'subtle' ones.