Dr Who Series 4

Michelle

But at the same time, while she was nice to look at - and should have been wearing a space-bikini - the acting was terrible...until she died. But then, she's in the cast for next week. So we'll see.

The acting was not too bad, she played an idiot well.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just some David Tennant trivia... Apparently he is now dating Georgia Moffatt, who played the Doctor's daughter!

Also, he is on Derren Brown's show again on Friday.

It's not a repeat - for the final show of the series he is gathering together everyone from this series (including Tennant!) and playing some kind of trick on them. It should be good, especially watching how DT interacts with members of the public.

Ha! It was too confusing for me, never mind a 9 year old! :lol: But it all became clear at the end.

Hold onto your hat Michelle, 'cos I loved that episode too! I thought the whole concept was very clever. Stephen Moffatt is probably my fave Dr Who writer, and I'm glad he'll be taking over from Russell T Davies.

The bit with Donna in her virtual world was quite unsettling, the way everything moved on in a flash, but excellent. I love it in films etc when the character finds themselves in a weird place and knows everything's not quite right, but they can't find out how.

It was such a shame at the end when Donna just missed seeing her perfect husband and he couldn't shout to her in time because of his stammer! Nooooo!

I'm glad River Song was "saved" as that was a bit sad and she was very brave. Loved the bit of humour about the handcuffs! :lol:

Kudos to Katherine Tate (of whom I'm not normally a fan, although I've loved her as Donna from the start). Her portrayal of Donna's misery when her children disappeared was heartrending - I was crying along with her!

Great episode - if a bit confusing in places.

Oh absolutely.. but I get the impression that Moffatt is a huge fan of books, so he's probably read it, and wanted to use the idea. It's being discussed on other forums, so maybe a few Dr Who fans might now pick up the book. :lol:

Guest Sedgewick

A good script from Moffat, let down in some places by his use of repeated tropes, especially his 'The Doctor Dances' cry of everybody lives, the get-out-of-jail card that was a trapdoor leading to...er, nowhere...to aid the Doc's escape.

The second part was also a bit predictable but still contained many good ideas, notably characters conscious of scene continuity, in the case of Donna in the hard drive. I doubt we'll meet River Song again, at least on TV, as it's an interesting bit of speculation that should last and last and last, if you believe Moffat in Dr Who Confidential.

Overall, though, it was the strongest of the season so far and will probably remains so, especially since it's all Davies epsodes from now up until 2010.

Overall, though, it was the strongest of the season so far and will probably remains so, especially since it's all Davies epsodes from now up until 2010.

Is it? That's rather disappointing. I don't mind Davies, but I prefer Moffat's writing.

Guest Sedgewick
Is it? That's rather disappointing.
Yes: For this season: Midnight Turn Left TBA Journeys End And then the four specials next year.

I thought the premise was really good but the second half of the episode seemed very compressed and...somewhat anti-climactic (?) in comparison to most Dr Who episodes.

I thought the boy was cute. On researching him I have decided I am not secretly in love with him. *shifty*