Maureen's Reading Blog (2006)

Maureen

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am enjoying the story, but the love scenes are a bit too much!!

Ooooer!!

I've haven't read anything by JD Robb. I noticed today at pre-school they had a small collection of hers for sale, one of those book clubs, I was a little tempted :wink: - I think it was five books for

Emma - tha't quite a deal.

I am almost finished reading this, andthe story was enjoyable. I would definately read more of her stories. However the love scenes make me gag!!! They are the romantic story book type,(mind blowing sex morning, noon and night - multiple climaxes etc etc!!!!!))quite graphic, and certainly more than any I have come across in normal Thrillers. :-))

ROTFL

I guess I have, but I have to admit, that written correctly (with no slush whatsoever) sex scenes can be brilliant :wink:

I agree, but there are quite a number of them. Whenever the husband and wife meet - bang goes another scene. :rofl: :wink:

They didn't make me gag.. I also don't mind the occasional sex scene in books. However, the ones in these books are just too perfect - it doesn't matter what they've been through, they always have the energy.. and they never have any 'problems'! :D

However, it has been argued on another forum that books are escapism, and so they want to read about a world where's its all wonderful. I don't agree, but that's the argument.

However, it has been argued on another forum that books are escapism, and so they want to read about a world where's its all wonderful. I don't agree, but that's the argument.

I've just finished reading a book where although the sex was great it wasn't perfect. You even had the leading lady shouting out 'wrong door' during one scene which made me giggle insanely :wink:

Guest Anonymous

Inanna declared :

I've just finished reading a book where although the sex was great it wasn't perfect.

LOLOL you make me laugh !

Hopw could it have been *perfect* ? Care to share?

:wink:

Neither do I - prob that's why I have a prob with fantasy genres.

Here the world they live in is not wonderful - just E and R's private life is.

Oh and Roarke too of course.

Inanna declared :

I've just finished reading a book where although the sex was great it wasn't perfect.

LOLOL you make me laugh !

Hopw could it have been *perfect* ? Care to share?

:wink:

I mean when they write how everything is totally perfect in an unreal way. They are both perfect human specimens, both amazingly perfect at doing just what the other one loves best of all, both have the most amazing mind-blowing orgasms ever and then afterwards they sigh, say they love each other and life is good n all that!!

I prefer it when people have hang-ups and the love scenes are funny and just like RL, though they can still be hot.

LOL read 'The Corset Diaries' to see what I mean :D

I mean when they write how everything is totally perfect in an unreal way. They are both perfect human specimens, both amazingly perfect at doing just what the other one loves best of all, both have the most amazing mind-blowing orgasms ever and then afterwards they sigh, say they love each other and life is good n all that!!

Do you mean to say that doesn't happen to you? It happens to me all the time.....!

:D

• 2 weeks later...

Ooops I have neglected this! I have since read Southern Cross, which is PC's follow up to Hornet's nest. Nothing too special -

Now I have just finished The curious incident of the dog in the night time, which is a fantastic book. I would recommend this to all. A really superb piece of writing - no wonder it was awarded the 2003 Whitbread book of the year.

Enjoyed this. One of those books you can read without any thinking. Jsut what I needed. (although it is a tad too long at 800+ pages)

Now I have started on Chocolat. Very appropriate for this time of year!! I think I will enjoy this book - it has started out really well.