Hang on, don't I know him...?

Kell

I've just had the oddest occurance ever.

I was watching Elizabeth: The Golden Age and there was a character appeared on screen. I was instantly caught by how blue his eyes were and then struck by the thought that he looked very, very familiar. I turend to Dale and said, "That looks just like Steve Robertson."

I had to check as soon as possible. And what do you know? Turns out, it WAS Steven Robertson! Not inan "extra" part, not just a walk-on one-liner, but in a proper, small but very important role.

He's not just someone I saw in a play once either - I knew him when he was in college (he did the same course as me, but after I'd left and returned to Kirkcaldy). I even typed up some of his papers for him because he's severely dyslexic and his voice recognition software was having problems with his Shetland accent. (There was a brief fling too, but I'm not one to kiss and tell! :lol: ).

Anyway, my flabber was well and truly gasted! I've not had such a pleasant surprise since I discovered my old college buddy played quite a large role in Band of Brothers (Robin Laing, who played Babe Heffron).

Has anyone else ever spotted someone they know, or even just briefly met, on telly or in a film?

That is so cool, I recognise him too (not personally though), he was in 'Inside I'm dancing' which he was brilliant in I must say.:lol:

I've not seen that film, Paula, but I have to say, we all knew he'd do well for himself - he was an awesome talent even back in college.

I remember watching TV with one of my housemates once and an advert came on. It was for a carpet shop or tile shop or something. A big crowd of people were surging into the shop for the sales, and there, right at the front of the surge with a big cheesy grin was our other housemate!!

Me and my housemate just looked at each other in astonishment. It was hilarious. The sneaky girl had done this ad without telling either of us.

Not quite as impressive as Kell's story but it was very funny.

Sting taught at my high school but it was a few years before I started there. Alan Shearer was a couple of years above me and Donna Air was a year above me both in the same high school. When I went on to Theatre & Performing Arts College one of my drama teachers was Jimmy Nail's sister.

A friend of mine also used to go to school with Daniel Craig. She nearly had a heart attack when she saw him in his first major role in Tomb Raider.

I've just remembered another college buddy of mine (he's called Alan) did an advert a while ago. I can't remember what it's for except that it's probably for a can of beer. It's the one where everyone in the street is playing football - one team playing "shirts" the other team playing "topless". At the end of the ad, there are two blokes on a balcony - my mate Alan was the shirtless one.

He also apppeared in another advert where he's chasing after a car whilst wearing a wetsuit, shouting, "That's my car!" as he tears along. I can't remember what kind of car it was either. :blush:

And another lass (Marsha) who was in the year above me at college was the mum on a Calpol advert a few years back.

I've just remembered another college buddy of mine did an advert a while ago. I can't remember what it's for except that it's probably for a can of beer. It's the one where everyone in the street is playing football - one team playing "shirts" the other team playing "topless". At the end of the ad, there are two blokes on a balcony - my mate Alan was the shirtless one.

I remember that one!