America's Next Top Model...

sarahdale24

It's one of my favorite shows! I didn't like the last group so much, though. Who have been your favorites? I liked Eva from Cycle 3, Kahlen from Cycle 4 (I was so mad she didn't win!), Caridee from Cycle 7, and Renee from Cycle 8.

I was just looking at the website and apparently we're only up to Cycle 6. There are 4 girls left. I hope Joanie wins - I always go for the one that seems the nicest ;) I don't like Jade much.

I liked the girl that won Cycle 5 (can't remember her name).

I thought Melrose was a terrible gossip. I could tell that she was a type A personality...probably someone I wouldn't get along with! I loved Caridee because she was so full of fun, even after going through terrible things. Who did you like out of the most recent cycle? I didn't like Bianca at all, but I liked Heather and Chantal.

I really don't like this show at all! I mean, it could be fun, if it wasn't so very predictable!! The other night, I was watching it with some girlfirends, and we were like "what? They can't be having the make-over yet, this is too early of an episode to have a make-over!" and true to that, it wasn't "the make-over episode". I think that any program needs to refresh itself when the audience goes like that. It's just sooooo predictable that I can't be bothered.

Then again, I hate most reality TV.

I thought Melrose was a terrible gossip. I could tell that she was a type A personality...probably someone I wouldn't get along with! I loved Caridee because she was so full of fun, even after going through terrible things. Who did you like out of the most recent cycle? I didn't like Bianca at all, but I liked Heather and Chantal.

Chantal had to be my favorite pick. I didn't like Rhianna JR. nor did I like Heather...I actually VERY MUCH disliked Heather...not because of her disability, but just didnt like her. She took some good pictures but that was about it.

Do you remember Victoria? The one who argued with Twiggy and was really "smart"? She drove me nuts! But then, I have a hard time liking anyone who thinks they know better than all the people around her.

Also, I have to agree with ii that the show has become very predictable. I also think that Tyra's views on the fashion industry are pretty idealistic, which is surprising considering how long she was a model.

Yeah, I agree it has become predicitable. Does anyone know what happened between Tyra and Adrienne the winner of the 1st one? Something happened and they like stopped playing the reruns of that show.

Yeah, I really disliked Victoria. Not only because she was disrespectful to those who were trying to HELP her, but because she didn't look model to me....

I have seen reruns every now and then on MTV or VH1, they haven't shelved that cycle or anything. Adrienne got mad at Tyra and wrote her a letter claiming that she didn't get any help after she won.

I actually don't ever see any ads featuring the winners after the show is over. That "national" Cover Girl ad? I've never seen one...Cover Girl always seems to use actresses as their spokespeople. The only ANTM veteran I ever see modeling is Ya-Ya from Cycle 3...she has an Oil of Olay ad...she does their commercials and print ads for their face wash. Everyone else just disappears.;)

I have seen reruns every now and then on MTV or VH1, they haven't shelved that cycle or anything. Adrienne got mad at Tyra and wrote her a letter claiming that she didn't get any help after she won.

I actually don't ever see any ads featuring the winners after the show is over. That "national" Cover Girl ad? I've never seen one...Cover Girl always seems to use actresses as their spokespeople. The only ANTM veteran I ever see modeling is Ya-Ya from Cycle 3...she has an Oil of Olay ad...she does their commercials and print ads for their face wash. Everyone else just disappears.;)

YA-YA also was in the movie "Take the Lead"

I have to say that I love this show and lived in front of the TV when the showed it during the New Years Eve weekend. Adrienne is now on that My Fair Brady maybe Baby show. I really didn't like Jade..she had such a foul additude. But I do have one problem with this show. And I hope there are others out there that agree with me. Their "Plus Sized Models" are NOT plus sized!!! ;) I can't remeber what cycle she was from, or her name for that matter :( but she was a size 8! Do you know how much I would kill to fit into a size 8 this day and age, I think size 8 happened in Junior High for me. I hate that she's always having trouble finding clothes her size expecially at the Go-See's, they had to litterly tape her body down to make her smaller. I just don't understand fashion designers these days, not everybody is a size 0 or 1. theres my rant, thanks for letting me get it out! :)

I know how you feel, but this is just the way the fashion industry is. There are also designers who make clothes specifically for "plus size" people. But I try to think of it this way: many, many designers are in Europe, more specifically France and Italy, where people are, frankly, thinner. They have a different diet and lifestyle (which I am trying to adopt:roll:) which means that they don't put on as much weight as we do here. American designers follow the rules set by Paris and Milan. Haute couture is not meant for a regular-sized person. That's fine with me, though...I'm rather wear comfortable clothes anyway! Have you seen some of the crazy things that models have to wear?;)

Haute couture is not meant for a regular-sized person. That's fine with me, though...I'm rather wear comfortable clothes anyway! Have you seen some of the crazy things that models have to wear?;)

Actually, to clear up an issue, haute couture is about adaptation. It's about having things custom-made for you. It's about taking what you see on the runway, and having it fitted for you. And often, altered. Things added, things removed, things changed. Haute couture is about uniqueness, weather in the form of having exclusive rights to a certain piece or outfit, or by having it made for you especially. You can be a regular-size person and still wear haute couture. (Note, regular, not average. There's a difference.)